SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility. Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I pay for a guaranteed delivery date and they fail every time.

However they still get their bonuses.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I pay for a guaranteed delivery date and they fail every time.

However they still get their bonuses.

I'd guess raises for labor and management are written into their contracts. Any raises should be linked to profit/loss.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
I did not intend for this to sound like I was getting on mail carriers. I know several. 99% of them are awesome folks and would go the extra mile to help out. Their system is messed up, no way one or two people could have messed up my package delivery.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
This is to make other offices relevant to keep the from being shut down.
Gotta keep those union dues coming in.

https://www.aol.com/article/fi...L-v5mUBHF7eHN9TpsWaQ

Has absolutely nothing to do with Unions. You have absolutely no idea what your talking about.
From the article: "It's about management chasing their numbers,"
I think I do know a little about the postal service.
You do know what SevenPlusOne does for a living, right?

Yeah. But I deal with bulk mailing systems and the people who handle it(last 17 years with direct mail). From having to actually "bribe" a postmaster to get stuff through.
If they don't "like" you, your shipment will sit and not be take in until they feel like it.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If they don't "like" you, your shipment will sit and not be take in until they feel like it.

The USPS has been known to engage in an excessive amount of passive-aggressive behavior. This is pretty much a given.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
not sure which is worse. UPS or USPS.

Have MCF service from both of them.

UPS, I paid extra for 2 day delivery. 11 days later . . . Their excuse was that their labor union contract did not cover weekend deliveries. Only problem with that was that 2 day delivery would have been on Thursday!

USPS, small package bounced around between two USPS facilities in the lower mid west for 2 weeks. Their own tracking system showed it.

It got to be a real laff fest here on the forum for a while.

Incompetence is not limited to the USPS when it comes to mail/package deliveries.

On the upside, I ordered a 17 inch bandsaw and was told it would be a 3-5 business day delivery from the mid west. 2 days later it arrived here about 1830. But that was a commercial trucking firm.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our regular rural carrier just drove by delivering parcels.

They forced him to come in to deliver. He said they were only to use the part time help but packages are so heavy, they are forcing regular carriers to work Sundays.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I had that problem with fedex this week. Package was due to be delivered Wednesday. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday the status in the morning said on truck for delivery. In the evening it said no attempt made. I finally called yesterday and asked about the 2 day delivery that was due Wednesday and wtf? Their answer was we are busy with a lot of packages. So why guarantee a delivery date at all?

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post