SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    More aggressive driving
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More aggressive driving Login/Join 
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I know of one person firsthand who was rammed by a truck, driving a small Honda. Honda was cited for causing the collision - He brake checked the truck, which then flattened his CRX and caused a permanent back injury to CRXman.

Don't be so sure you will not get ticketed, or hurt or both, like my buddy's douchebag boss. This was before dash cams were popular too.

Again, I know that person, this wasn't a story about my cousin's neighbor's mother-in-law's poolboy. I remember him bitching that he got ticketed even though he was injured (and directly caused the accident). I also remember thinking it was hilarious.

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
People drive like asshats everywhere. Any time I drive I-25 on the front range I have people pass me like I'm parked, tailgate me when their is no where to go, you name it. I usually turn on my emergency flashers when I feel they are way too close. It seems to help the majority of the time. I won't endanger my life to get out of your way. We are supposed to share the road.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And he gets pissed, rams your car, and pulls a gun. Deescalate, keeps you from having to shoot him.

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
You gotta let that shit go.

I drove OTR for a while, now I ride a motorcycle every chance I get & for daily commuting.

If I retaliated for every perceived traffic transgression committed against me, I would have killed several people in the big truck, and been killed several times over on the bike.

At the very least I’d probably have stroked out by now from stress.
Everyone does something, at some time, that other folks look at and think “what an idiot!”
Thing is, we are all idiots at different times, but usually not ALL the time.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I have a manual tranny, and it does some amount of engine braking. I just flip off my cruise control, or take my foot off the gas. No brakes, no red lights for them to see, they just suddenly realize they are going slower, and slower. This also mostly eliminates the possibility of a sudden rear end impact.

The worst is on US93, where I live about 7 miles north of town. Traffic behind me is coming from a long 65mph 4 lane divided stretch and approaching a 2 lane 55mph zone (about a mile down the road from my community, and all the way into town). I can see them coming like a bat out of hell in my rearview, and they've got to be able to see I'm going slower, but they still keep at 65 right up to inches from my rear bumper. Almost all CA or NV plates.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I find myself going (generally) slower these days than a decade ago, watching cars zip by without the need to race that I used to have. Also notice it varies with my mood, and I've started using speed as an early indicator of my mood for the morning: other cars passing me? I'm kinda mellow and everything is ok; other cars dragging their butts? I'm being THAT guy, and need to dial it back.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I commute on I-96 a couple of days a week to work and back. Most times I'm on the bagger. Posted speed is 70, most traffic moves at +10 of that. I ride the right lane at 80 except to pass or in the interchanges with US-23, M-5, I-275.

At least once a commute someone is passing me at the century mark, even if I'm in a bigger vehicle, they can have the lane. Too damn old to deal with road rage or a crash.

MSP once in a great while will do a crackdown but only lasts a couple of days.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Oklahoma is raising the speed limit to 80 on some of the major highways, so now everybody will be driving 95 !!!

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
You have absolutely no idea who is in the other vehicle and what they are capable of, besides asinine driving. My coworker’s husband got shot in the head during a similar incident. Albuquerque also had a little girl riding as a passenger get shot and killed during another road rage incident. Hell, for all you know, it’s a parent behind the wheel panic driving to the hospital with their child bleeding out in the back seat.

It’s not worth the risk. You are not a traffic cop. Get out of their way and make it to work/home intact.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have been tempted lots of times to "brake check" a tailgater. That's human nature. I have thus far been able to resist the temptation. If such an incident comes down to shooting, and you are found to have escalated it, you'll have a tough row to hoe claiming self defense.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fighting lunch room bully doesn't risk multiple lives and massive property damage, but continue to have the courage of your convictions, preferably far away from me.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
You say you’re familiar with the law but I suspect you’d be a lot more familiar with it if a cop saw you out bonehead some jerk he was about to pull over for tailgating.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
flooring it from green lights,

I wish people would floor it at green lights. Instead they act like they're the only person in the world, fuck the seventeen people behind me who would also like to get through the light before it changes.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Oklahoma is raising the speed limit to 80 on some of the major highways, so now everybody will be driving 95 !!!

As it should be. If people would stay all the way to the right unless they are passing then people could do 150 without issue. With modern vehicles 65 mph speed limits are ridiculous on most modern highways. Now I’m not saying that there aren’t idiot drivers out there being too aggressive, but I maintain that the amateur traffic cops of the world that try to slow people down are just as dangerous and guilty of causing traffic accidents as overly aggressive drivers. Keep right and drive how you want to and don’t worry about what others are doing.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:

As it should be. If people would stay all the way to the right unless they are passing then people could do 150 without issue. With modern vehicles 65 mph speed limits are ridiculous on most modern highways.

I have a dash cam video of a high speed fatality directly in front of me along the left wall when the driver hit a broken down car with no room to stop or swerve at the 90+ mph he was going.

He managed to decimate 4 cars and kill someone.

You like traffic fatality scenes? I can tell you, I don't. I can't get the victim's face out of my head when I stopped to help.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Not sure why you guys are commenting. He's already said he doesn't care what you guys think but he's going to put his shit out here for everyone to know how much of a badass he is.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post