SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    And I was doing so well....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And I was doing so well.... Login/Join 
posted
Been up since 0115. Pretty sure it’s another kidney stone.

Posts: 4891 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Damn. Hope things come out alright without too much pain.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poor Bastard! I feel for you! My wife took me to the ER for one last Friday. I still feel like I've been beaten about the waist with a 2x4. But it is getting better.

Posts: 131 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Worrying about another kidney stone certainly isn't going to help you go to sleep.

i do know about not being able to sleep. I'm sitting up doing something and feel sleepy. It's like 11:30 PM so it's good. I go to bed, then I can't fall asleep and I just lie there awake even if I close my eyes.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 13322 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sucks. I get about 10 or 15 stones a year. Those most are without too much pain or discomfort. Hope it passes easily for you.

Posts: 1617 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Worrying about another kidney stone certainly isn't going to help you go to sleep.

i do know about not being able to sleep. I'm sitting up doing something and feel sleepy. It's like 11:30 PM so it's good. I go to bed, then I can't fall asleep and I just lie there awake even if I close my eyes.

I stay up and lie on the couch with the TV on. I conk out in no time. I wake up about 2 AM and head for bedroom and go back to sleep. Another trick I have been using is, to go to bed and mentally start a round of sporting clays in my head. I rarely get past Station three.

Posts: 891 | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally passed it this morning about 12:20.
It was fairly small compared to some of my past stones, only a tad over 1/8”.
Must’ve been it’s shape that caused so much discomfort.

Posts: 4891 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I hope you're feeling better!

A mind is a terrible thing.

Posts: 16220 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I hope you're feeling better!

Lots! Thanks. Smile