SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    FedEx- of all the common carriers in the US, FedEx is the weirdest
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FedEx- of all the common carriers in the US, FedEx is the weirdest Login/Join 
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Only thing I find odd is their length of delivery. From GA to Utah 8 days, a long time.

That being said, this one, today, amazed me.

Called Costco on Wed. AM about a computer issue. They got HP involved and they agreed to take it in for repairs. Timeline:

Wednesday 8:30 AM MST agree to fix it, sending box to me

Thursday: Noon MST box arrives, I pack computer and drop off at Fedex/UPS store 2:30 PM MST

Friday @ 9:00 AM MST I get notified they have my computer, in Indiana!

Hurricane, UT to Indiana in amazing time! How'd they do that!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep..another golden FedEx transfer to the USPS when I could have had it yesterday. So maybe it is still on the USPS truck??

I have had the same problem. Apparently the USPS has a crappy tracking system. Hand off from UPS and Fed EX adds days to the delivery. It used to be just the smaller items but now it seems more frequent. This has happened most recently with Midway.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Called Costco on Wed. AM about a computer issue. They got HP involved and they agreed to take it in for repairs. Timeline:

Thursday: Noon MST box arrives, I pack computer and drop off at Fedex/UPS store 2:30 PM MST

Have you thought they are just making this up? Believe me this will never happen again. Seriously though just consider yourself very lucky. It will even out believe me.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Yep..another golden FedEx transfer to the USPS when I could have had it yesterday. So maybe it is still on the USPS truck??

I have had the same problem. Apparently the USPS has a crappy tracking system. Hand off from UPS and Fed EX adds days to the delivery. It used to be just the smaller items but now it seems more frequent. This has happened most recently with Midway.

Found the package on the front porch this morning which means USPS made a special delivery instead of the regular mail delivery person. How efficient when FedEx could have delivered it yesterday afternoon.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rumor has it that FedEx and UPS will soon merge.

New company will be called: FED-UP.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
At work we had outstanding service from Fed-x. But that was a commercial account and they came twice a day, every day. Way better than anyone else we tried. Virtually never had an issue.
The residential service, Eh, not so much.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Rumor has it that FedEx and UPS will soon merge.

New company will be called: FED-UP.

Ha! Stolen.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
Only thing I find odd is their length of delivery. From GA to Utah 8 days, a long time.

That being said, this one, today, amazed me.

Fedex has a huge air hub in Indianapolis. If your package was going elsewhere east of the Mississippi, it would probably have gone through there. I've used HP warranty before & they've always done FEDEX overnight both ways. Less than a week round trip as well.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I suppose it's a matter of money, but SIG is using FedEx to ship. I ordered a couple of spring sets last Friday. The order was completed by Saturday and 'shipped' on Monday. I looked up the tracking through the SIG site and it says it's due for delivery by the 18th next Tuesday. 9 days to deliver? WOW! On the other hand, I ordered 5 mags from Top Gun Supply on Friday and Brad got the order filled and shipped over the weekend and I got them this past Tuesday.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
FedEx- of all the common carriers in the US, FedEx is the weirdest

I'll let you know about the item being shipped to me by DHL. Watch this space.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post