SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Google has removed "View Image" from Google Image.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Google has removed "View Image" from Google Image. Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
And now it sucks.

Spent about 45 minutes doing something last night that should have taken about 2. Roll Eyes

If you want to view the image now you have to go to the site. Problem is, half of them don't open.

Also find it ironic since it's a copyright thing, how many of the result link back to Pinterest. I guess looking at the low quality copyright violations there is okay.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Right click on picture, select properties. Tripple left click to select the web address, right click and copy. Hit ctrl + N to open new tab (if using internet explorer) or open one however you do it. Right click in new address bar and paste address. Then you will get the picture with out the nonsense from wherever it came from, or wading through fifty pics to find it. Problem solved.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Noticed that a few days ago. It's now a PIA to use.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Right click on picture, select properties. Tripple left click to select the web address, right click and copy. Hit ctrl + N to open new tab (if using internet explorer) or open one however you do it. Right click in new address bar and paste address. Then you will get the picture with out the nonsense from wherever it came from, or wading through fifty pics to find it. Problem solved.

Besides the fact that NONE of those things apply to my computer, tablet or phone Big Grin , clicking the one button was a tad easier. Wink

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I was going to post a picture graphically illustrating 'Fuck Google", but then realized, all the associated iterations would not be displayed, and that would ruin the point...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Right click on picture, select properties. Tripple left click to select the web address, right click and copy. Hit ctrl + N to open new tab (if using internet explorer) or open one however you do it. Right click in new address bar and paste address.

Doesn't even have to be that complicated, if your browser allows... (I use Chrome):

Step 1: Right-click on photo in Google Images
Step 2: Click "Open image in new tab"
Done.

That open the original image, just like "View images" used to. "View Image" took one click. This new method takes two clicks (one right and one left). So the change is not a big deal at all.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Doesn't even have to be that complicated, if your browser allows... (I use Chrome):

Done.

That open the original image, just like "View images" used to. "View Image" took one click. This new method takes two clicks (one right and one left). So the change is not a big deal at all.

This. I've used this before they took off the other feature.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
This is here to stay. Getty images sued Google saying that Google Images makes piracy to easy. They reached a settlement that includes removing the view images option. Get used to it fellas

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Never noticed that until now.
Bing however allows it.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Google...Oops spelling corrected Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: just1tym,

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Goggle...

No, those are glasses.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Goggle...

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Goggle...

No, those are glasses.

I blame the Dummy..he borrowed my Goggles and I couldn't see my keyboard Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find this troubling, as well

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Don't know if this helps but try Bing image search. Simply clicking on an image opens the image only in a new tab by its self. At least on my Mac it does.

Also I saw where some one has already written an extension that add the view image button back for the Chrome browser. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I saw it, and I doubt it was an official approved extension...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Is there a way to get the image link it with an iPad?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:

Done.

Mmm... only opens the small "thumbnail" for me, not the original full size photo.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Is there a way to get the image link it with an iPad?
That is the crux of the issue for me, all of the previous right click posts are for people browsing on laptops and desktops. Only solution I know of for those of us browsing on iOS is to switch to Bing.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Google just should have made it so Getty Images don't show in the search results. Smile

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Getty stuff is watermarked and overlaid to hell and gone anyway, who'd want to use their stuff?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post