SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fake pronouncements
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Fake pronouncements Login/Join 
Member
posted
Much as I appreciate and support President Trump, it’s getting old having him announce something significant only to have it changed soon thereafter. And I’m not talking about democrats or activist judges. The latest was his announcement that a border agreement regarding the caravans was arranged with the Mexican government, only to have that government state no such arrangement has been agreed to. Since the mexicans would have to commit to the bulk of the work as described by DT, I tend to believe what they say regarding any sort of agreement. It would be nice to get the details in place before making premature pronouncements!
 
Posts: 398 | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I understand where you are coming from but i've come to believe that every rweet he has sent out has been a calculated act designed to serve a purpose.

I don't usually understand what the purpose is until much later, if at all.

Maybe he did not like the way the agreement was going and by tweeting about it he got the Mexican gov to pull it so he did not look like the reason it did not get done. I don't know, but i believe there is a reason for it.



“Banning guns is like banning forks in an attempt to stop making people fat.” - Vince Vaughn

 
Posts: 2866 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Who actually reported this "deal"? I checked the President's tweets, and nowhere did he say anything about a deal has been reached with the incoming Mexican administration. I read some media report on it, but did any of his staff mention a deal has been reached?
 
Posts: 16613 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Who actually reported this "deal"? I checked the President's tweets, and nowhere did he say anything about a deal has been reached with the incoming Mexican administration. I read some media report on it, but did any of his staff mention a deal has been reached?


WaPo Article talking about a preliminary agreement. I didn't read anything anywhere that said there was a signed agreement or anything, nor did I read any statements from the WH.

He did tweet that he's not letting them in, and they will have to stay in Mexico awaiting their asylum claims. So that is kind of close.



Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others
 
Posts: 12445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Who actually reported this "deal"? I checked the President's tweets, and nowhere did he say anything about a deal has been reached with the incoming Mexican administration. I read some media report on it, but did any of his staff mention a deal has been reached?


WaPo Article talking about a preliminary agreement. I didn't read anything anywhere that said there was a signed agreement or anything, nor did I read any statements from the WH.

He did tweet that he's not letting them in, and they will have to stay in Mexico awaiting their asylum claims. So that is kind of close.

Exactly! Like I said, where and who said "preliminary agreement"? Not Trump. Not any WH staff. He's not letting them in does not equal an agreement. That's why I do not trust anything the corrupt media report.
 
Posts: 16613 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I see all manner of "DJT" headlines and refuse to be suckered into clicking them.

His accomplishments are phenominal and would be much greater if more than the "base" were supporting him.

When the "Kenyan Kid" was in the Oval, I wanted to see him succeed and do good things for this country, but he failed like the fraud he was.

Yet, I wanted for the country.

And I want the same want for DJT.

Not for him, for this country.

And if he drags his ass across my living room carpet to get to a bowl of win for America, then, I'll rent a carpet cleaner.

(likely from some tall, crotchety, old Jewish guy in Apopka...)




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
 
Posts: 38494 | Location: fl | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
And if he drags his ass across my living room carpet to get to a bowl of win for America, then, I'll rent a carpet cleaner.


Big Grin

Omgosh, that's a good one!



Support our troops, and our veterans.
Go Hokies!
New favorite quote from the golf course: "It's not the club, son."
 
Posts: 8455 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
And if he drags his ass across my living room carpet to get to a bowl of win for America, then, I'll rent a carpet cleaner.


Big Grin

Omgosh, that's a good one!


Dude's a poet.
 
Posts: 4253 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
For reals. If nothing else, I'm happy for all his judicial appointments. And if he happens to make a third SCOTUS nominee, that'll be totally orgasmic.



"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
 
Posts: 15048 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fake pronouncements

© SIGforum 2018