SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Websites That Whine About Ad Blockers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Websites That Whine About Ad Blockers Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
Sigforum:
AdBlock, ads blocked: ZERO!!!!!!
Actually, I occasionally see an indication of one or two that were blocked. Pretty rare, but when I see this, I do wonder what's going on.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is agood adblocker for an ipad? Any easy and free ones for the digitally challenged?

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
What is agood adblocker for an ipad? Any easy and free ones for the digitally challenged?
I have no personal knowledge of these, but I asked google about "ad blocker iPad." Mucho information there, you might want to check it out.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've used Purify for a few years on my iPhone. It works well enough, but I don't browse too awful much on my phone. Purify works on any iOS device.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My only apparent accomplishment in life is being banned from an ancient forum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
I'm running Pi-Hole on a Raspberry Pi. It acts as a sinkhole for all the ad requests. Easy to set up and really helps with bandwidth as the ads never get downloaded. Plus it blocks for every device on my network, including cell phone.

Thanks for this. I set it up tonight along with Cloudflare's DNS via HTTPS and it's pretty good stuff. It's nice to have adblocking on my phone.

Posts: 166 | Location: Washington State | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’ve got AdBlock on my iPad. However, IIRC, I don’t think it’s a free app.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Great rant V-tail! I've wanted to put the exact same thing up here more than once, just haven't gotten around to it. Advertisers have pretty much ruined the internet. It's bad enough that they bloat up all the webpages with unwanted crap, but some of it is infected with malware, too. It just makes me more grateful for sites like Sigforum that are still ad free.

Posts: 8539 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
I'm running Pi-Hole on a Raspberry Pi. It acts as a sinkhole for all the ad requests. Easy to set up and really helps with bandwidth as the ads never get downloaded. Plus it blocks for every device on my network, including cell phone.

I think I’m going to give this a try.

I don’t have a tech background, but managed to jailbreak my iPhone without bricking it. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Sigforum:
Actually, I occasionally see an indication of one or two that were blocked. Pretty rare, but when I see this, I do wonder what's going on.

I run uBlock Origin in Chrome and Chromium browsers. The blocks seem to be related to the avatar picture hosts outside this site.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Sigforum:
I run uBlock Origin in Chrome and Chromium browsers. The blocks seem to be related to the avatar picture hosts outside this site.
Ah, I never thought of that. There is an option in Personal Zone -> Preferences, to hide avatars and signatures. I'll experiment with that, see what I can find out, and report back.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים