SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    So apparently I need a new sock manufacturer. Darn Tough is “Woke”.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So apparently I need a new sock manufacturer. Darn Tough is “Woke”. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems like the new marketing avenue is to attach your company to something political to get attention.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I do not think it is new, but it is certainly repulsive as far as I am concerned. Using the American flag to sell products annoys me as well. It is not for patriotic reasons, but for commercial purposes.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last time I was in Walmart (which was the LAS TIME I ever enter Walmart) they were playing diversity and tolerance horseshit announcements on the PA system. I was down to only buying their cheap cat litter anyway. I can get crappy service and bad attitudes anywhere.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I am happy with Thorlo, the Bendable brand!

Yep. Good in tinytown, good here too. Got a couple pair for my wife...she was very happy. Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see 'wokeness' going away anytime soon. Wondering just how long can this last.

Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger

~Herman Goering

Posts: 403 | Location: Belly of the Beast, New Orleans | Registered: April 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dunno how long this craziness will last. I am sick and tired of getting emails from this company. I have asked-as of today-three times for them to stop, to unsubscribe me, and all to no avail.

So, today, I did something I very, very rarely do-I blistered their hind sides with an email. No profanity, but it was not a pleasant email.

I seriously doubt I'll get anymore emails from them.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if you sent them a email or letter with your honest concerns, what they would do.

Especially if you asked them "do you feel George Floyds life, a criminal who was on fentanyl, is more important than the little 5 year old boy recently murdered? Because you talk about Floyd but not innocent 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant. Why is that?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...s-front-two-sisters/ https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...s-front-two-sisters/

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Odd that they or no other mainstream media outlet discussed this event event..

Cops Catch Man Who Executed 5yo Boy For Accidentally Riding Bike On His Lawn

https://lidblog.com/man-executed-5yo-boy/

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
I sent them a short, to the point email. I told the I loved their products but it is a bad idea to mix business and politics. I will no longer buy their socks due to their support of the Marxist attack on our country. It’s been a week. Crickets. They do not care. Get woke, go broke.

Posts: 391 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I believe they're located in Vermont. Hmmmm Vermont the home of Crazy Bernie and Loony Leheah also Ben & Jerrys commie ice cream. I'd suggest if you go there don't drink the water.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ain't never been there and I ain't never going.

The only good news is that they must have understood my email unlike all the :unsubscribes" I did as they have not sent me an email since the day I sent the sorta rude email to them.

I am so happy never to hear from those woke ones again.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Swell. I was getting ready to get some of their socks.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I sent them a letter also about a week back, no response. They don't care.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I was a big Best Buy customer and fan, but I got an e-mail from them with similar crappe flowing. I immediately became a former Best Buy customer and unsubscribed from their e-mails. Another of the many companies that have become dead to me due to their wokeness.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1160 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Get woke...Go broke!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Ever been to Vermont?? It's a beautiful state. But after you're there awhile you realize they are very anti big business and commerce is pretty much Mom& Pop type stores. Which is fine if you don't mind paying outrageous prices for things like food. I was there and asked where a Costco was. Guy laughed and said everyone shops in New Hampshire. Sure enough we had to go to N.H. to any kind of decent shopping. It's a weird state. You get tired of all the "natural" crap after awhile. The state doesn't seem to want anything new there. But they sure don't mind taxing the public. Very high taxes. Stay away from Vermont.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Sure enough we had to go to N.H. to any kind of decent shopping.

Besides the Vermont attitude towards big business that you described, that's also because NH doesn't have sales tax. So everyone from Vermont, southwestern Maine, and northern Massachussets drives over to New Hampshire for their big shopping trips. The borders just inside NH are littered with big shopping malls, strips malls, and outlet malls.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the cheap liquor at the NH State Stores. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm happy. Apparently my rather rude (but not nasty) email worked and they finally, after several times trying to get them to unsubscribe me jolted them into doing just that.

I just am not going to knowingly give my $ to those so-called woke businesses.

Bob

posted Hide Post
Thorlos socks are great. They are also Bendable approved.

https://www.thorlo.com/

Posts: 12581 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I mean....I like their socks, I wear their socks, and it seems every company feels obligated to jump on the SJW train these days, but sheesh.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post