SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    So apparently I need a new sock manufacturer. Darn Tough is “Woke”.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So apparently I need a new sock manufacturer. Darn Tough is “Woke”. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Email to Ric on its way. What a dipshit.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I'm feeling poorly these days. Not because of a lack of funds, but because you guys are all rich and I'm not. When I paid $9 for a pair of heavy socks, I thought I was going crazy. But I paid it at Wally World. When I went back, they didn't have any more of them. OK, fair enough. That was 2 years ago and my $9 socks are still holding up pretty well. So along comes a sock thread here on the forum. Out of casual interest, I click on them. Only to discover these "darn tough" ones are listed at $27. Does nope ring a bell?

Y'all have too much money and not nearly enough sense. Forget those of you foolish enough to recommend wool socks. They make me itch. Not gonna happen. I gave all my dress socks to my youngest son (he asked if I had any to spare). We're talking a big ole bag of them. I tried Duluth Trading for underwear and really like them. It makes me a bit uncomfortable to "really like underwear". My poverty has me still not going commando. I'm considering not coming to sigforum for clothing opinions. I don't have that much money.

Y'all need to spend more on guns and ammo and less on high fashion socks.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Shit Dick. There isn’t any ammo. We need the socks to hold a roll of quarters in for self defense

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
I'm feeling poorly these days. Not because of a lack of funds, but because you guys are all rich and I'm not. When I paid $9 for a pair of heavy socks, I thought I was going crazy. But I paid it at Wally World. When I went back, they didn't have any more of them. OK, fair enough. That was 2 years ago and my $9 socks are still holding up pretty well. So along comes a sock thread here on the forum. Out of casual interest, I click on them. Only to discover these "darn tough" ones are listed at $27. Does nope ring a bell?

Y'all have too much money and not nearly enough sense. Forget those of you foolish enough to recommend wool socks. They make me itch. Not gonna happen. I gave all my dress socks to my youngest son (he asked if I had any to spare). We're talking a big ole bag of them. I tried Duluth Trading for underwear and really like them. It makes me a bit uncomfortable to "really like underwear". My poverty has me still not going commando. I'm considering not coming to sigforum for clothing opinions. I don't have that much money.

I remember thinking this exact thing, until someone gave me a pair of Smartwools.

I wait until I can get them for 50% off with a discount I get every December. And I save some “sock money” through the year.

Absolutely worth it. But not at $27. I’m talking more like $9. I’m a cheap bastard.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rburg. You sound like my old man. If you have neuropathy or diabetes these socks are worth every penny. Things that make me feel better are well worth the expense.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:

If you'd had read any of the many sock threads, you'd know that they are there because the socks were on sale. Nobody is paying $27 for a pair. I've never spent more than $16 for a pair, and they have a lifetime guarantee. A bunch of them I got for $11 each on sale.

As for the itching. You've clearly never owned anything made from Merino wool. Also covered in every sock thread is how they do not itch. It is the cheap wool socks that cause the itch. You really shouldn't call those of us that have actually tried them fools. From my point of view, you're foolish for not seeing the advantages of wool, that doesn't itch, and has a lifetime warranty.

I'm still pissed about the owner's letter, though.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the darned company sent me another email touting some socks on sale. Thought I was rid of the woke idjits.

I responded with a very detailed email explaining why I'd never, ever be their customer again.

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's as easy as this:
Step one:
Call Thorlo at the toll free number on the website.

Step #2:
Speak with the pleasant lady that answers the telephone,
Tell her your sock requirement or parameters.
She will tell you which sock to consider. ( Gave a pen and paper ready.)

Step #3:
Ask to be transfered to the outlet store.

Step #4:
Have your credit card ready and tell the nice lady which sock you would like to order.

Step #5:
Wait a week or ten days for delivery.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Nothing but Thor-Los for me for the last 10 years or so. I think I always buy them on sale.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtnPlinker
posted Hide Post
Thank you for putting “Darn Tough” in your subject line. Never going there.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Front Range CO | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't think I'd ever pay this much for wool socks, but now that I have... I'd never go back to the cheaply made cotton socks by Hanes.

The 5 pair of Red Wing socks have ZERO holes after 2 1/2 + yrs.
Worn at least 100+ times per pair of socks.

Feet are more comfortable due to the extra cushion (medium weight socks) and are dry at the end of the day.

I'm glad to be a Sig Forum merino wool sock covert. Smile

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Didn't think I'd ever pay this much for wool socks, but now that I have... I'd never go back to the cheaply made cotton socks by Hanes.

The 5 pair of Red Wing socks have ZERO holes after 2 1/2 + yrs.
Worn at least 100+ times per pair of socks.

Feet are more comfortable due to the extra cushion (medium weight socks) and are dry at the end of the day.

I'm glad to be a Sig Forum merino wool sock covert. Smile

Do they make your feet hot?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Do they make your feet hot?

You'd think that they would, but NO they do not.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post