SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    So apparently I need a new sock manufacturer. Darn Tough is “Woke”.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So apparently I need a new sock manufacturer. Darn Tough is “Woke”. Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
When will this end?

https://darntough.com/pages/in...ICJydmhQODcifQ%3D%3D

And I really like their socks.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to feel guilty for being white...not gonna do it!

Posts: 1714 | Location: CO | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well bless their hearts!

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Wigwam?
I like them, and they're USA-made.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Holy shit they went full retard. The first few paragraphs I felt were okay but it’s like the author stopped and attended 5 years at Berkeley before he started writing about blacks.

Yeah. Fuck them.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fairly recently, I purchased some of these socks for my wife and for me (haven't worn mine since I almost never wear socks in the summer here in Florida (rarely the rest of the year, either).

What I have noticed is that every day I get an email from them advertising their socks. I was sick of it and thinking of unsubscribing (usually reputable companies remove your name/address when one does that).

But this latest statement caused me to do it right now. They can do as they wish with their business, but, IMO, they are simply pandering to gain attention.

Well, they got mine.

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

You should take a dump inside those new socks and send them back.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent them some feedback. Very simple.

“I’m done with y’all. You should have stuck to making great socks”

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pale Horse:

They weren't cheap and seem like good socks. I already paid for them, so I don't want to give them back.

Also, I'm sure someone (like me, probably) would end up in jail if something like that happened.

So-Unsubscribe. Don't patronize their business again.

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Perhaps Wigwam?
I like them, and they're USA-made.

I will look into them. Thanks

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
So I guess if you are a minority looking for a good job, move to the 2nd whitest state and work for Darn Tough... I'll bet a minority would be promoted up quickly there

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s like when you drunk call an ex. It just kept getting worse and worse. Mistreatment by this country for 401 years. I must have missed the quad centennial. My bad. Fuck those guys. Seriously.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On a whim I thought I would read a paragraph or two so I can have some perspective on what all the members are talking about

FFS.

SO in their attempt to be woke, they alienate 99% of the people who use their socks who are Military members, police officers, fireman, lumber jacks etc... by trying to make them feel guilty for going out and working for everything they have.

Yeah.

I have wore wigwam socks for years both in construction, law enforcement and the military.
They made me mad because they discontinued my favorite model but they stand up well.

If they go woke i will be SOL

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Red Wing (made in USA) has a medium weight wool sock.
1643 LG Brown stk# 97287 09120
(They have them in the store, but I can never locate them on the web)

Have yet to put a hole in them and I've been basically wearing the same 5 pair for 1.5 Yrs, trying to do just that! Big Grin
Have another 5 sitting in reserve...

Never thought I'd like wool socks so much, but had to try them after you guys kept praising them.
Happy I did... Hanes socks was my go to and they were always getting holes! Plus they was always wet.

Found some Woolrich (made in the USA) at Meijers (after winter sale) of under 10 bucks. They are nice too.

Smartwool
Bombas

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Darn Tough have been my go-to socks for the last 10 years. Not any more after reading that screed on their website.

Many thanks for the Red Wing wool socks recommendation. I'll be ordering some of them in the near future.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am happy with Thorlo, the Bendable brand!

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Darn Tough isn't Nike. This will be a case of 'Get woke; go broke.'

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've never worn Darn Tough socks (and now it's more likely I never will), so I've no dog in this fight, but, FFS, how hard is it to just make & sell your damn product and leave the damn social crap to the damn social activists?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah Benchmade, hold my craft brew!

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post