SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm saving a bloody fortune on fertilizer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm saving a bloody fortune on fertilizer Login/Join 
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Jerky... Spicy Goose Jerky...
https://www.ducks.org/hunting/...ng/spicy-goose-jerky
It's the only solution...

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1537 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
My parents neighbors had an all white goose named Papa Goose. Papa made local news with his lower bill missing. But he got along ok. He would visit next door very often. Friendly guy. He would sit on you lap if you let him. Trying to get something done, he'd be at your feet.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Rats with Wings.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dynorat:
Guy I worked with had a place on the lake infested with them. Neighbors niece visited with her new year old lab, and about 5 minutes after she opened the car door 12 or more were done and he wanted more.

She felt terrible, but he told her to come back anytime and to be sure and bring her dog.

Dogs are the best medicine for geese, bar-none. I caddied at a fairly prestigious Country Club as a youth and they had the nastiest swamp creature of a Black Lab you have ever seen. All this thing did everyday was destroy geese and swim in the algae. It was like the Creature From the Black Lagoon. Super friendly dog to humans, everyone loved him. He was definitely living his best life.

I was hunting them one time from a ground blind that you lie down in, on your back, in a semi raised position, the back rest was made from plywood. Like being in bed with two pillows behind you. The blind was a giant goose that you would rip the velcro body off, sit up, and start shooting. I folded one up about forty yards out and the damn thing tucked it's wings upon death and became something like a giant football. I rolled out of the blind just in time as it smacked dead center on the plywood board, cracking it. Damn thing would have definitely broken a few ribs if I hadn't rolled out.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Pity that we don't have marauding bands of Specklebelly geese running around like we do these stupid Canadian geese. It would be a delicious problem to solve.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post