SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sometimes I Really Hate The Radio Industry - Favorite Morning Drive Host Went POOF
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes I Really Hate The Radio Industry - Favorite Morning Drive Host Went POOF Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I've been listening to this local conservative talk radio guy named Chris Stigall out of Philly since he moved here in 2010 from Kansas City, MO

He's quite entertaining and very politically savvy and had a good show I'd listen to on my morning drive, but today he was absent and the fill-in host was very noticeably not saying the usual "Filling in today on the Chris Stigall Show..." and I realized he had been purged from the radio station's (WPHT) website too.

It turns out they didn't renew his contract and he was out, POOF, just like that. No goodbyes, no anything. Just gone, an unperson. Down the memory hole. Frown

I understand terrestrial radio is cutthroat and getting even more so with streaming and everyone moving away from that medium, but this really blows. It feels like I lost a friend today, a familiar voice I'd start my day with. I'd met the guy and he was really nice and approachable, I hope someone else picks him up quickly.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Keep checking on Google for him. I would venture a guess that he may show up on WHP 580 AM, a very conservative talk station out of Harrisburg. If they can find him a time slot.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Our local country station "POOF" dropped 3 successive great DJs off the station over the past decade. The two on now are "Boxer" and his sidekick "Lunchbox" with their asinine jokes & comments. Maybe the millennials like them but I sure don't. I make it a point to stay off the station during their morning show.

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Our local station some years ago dropped a favorite morning talk show host, Chris Plante. Calls and letters were so overwhelming they brought him back, and now he's nationally syndicated as well.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Our local station some years ago dropped a favorite morning talk show host, Chris Plante. Calls and letters were so overwhelming they brought him back, and now he's nationally syndicated as well.

Chris Plante and other talk show hosts got canned recently from an FM station in Tucson (104.1).

Station was sold to a Christian radio group.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post