SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    And That's Why I Left Four

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
And That's Why I Left Four Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
At the local Wally World and lo and behold, they had 14 boxes of CCI .22 WMR. While waiting for the only person in the store with the key to the ammo, another older gent shows and also spies on the .22 WMR.

After too long, the key lady shows and older gent tries to convince key lady and he was there before all others. Key lady didn't believe him and proceeded to help the two in front of me and then I.

I asked for 10 and older gent was kind enough to mention "damn, I wanted all of those."

"Well", I replied, "that's why I left four of them." Which I really think offended him.

I seriously had a flash to ask key lady for the other four boxes but held back.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I would have grabbed the last four.

Natural consequences. Reap it, asshole.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
No good deed goes unpunished.

That was nice of you but some people are just so selfish.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
We still have a 3 box limit in our Area ,

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
My Wallyworld doesn't really bother with .22 anymore. I asked the guy and he told me that they weren't ordering it as stock anymore.

Dick's Sporting Goods and Academy Sports has plenty of stock, of all sizes of boxes, and Academy's prices are pretty reasonable. Dick's is a little bit high.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Buy in bulk online, my time is worth it, compared to waiting at WallyWorld with the drones.

posted Hide Post
He probably thought it was .22LR

Now THAT would have been hilarious if he bought all 14 boxes!

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
older gent was kind enough to mention "damn, I wanted all of those."

He hasn't been to the range in two years, hasn't got a trip planned, and already has fifty boxes at home.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I went into a gun store/antique store.
The guy who ran the gun store passed away and his wife was selling off all the guns and ammo.
I went in one time and spent about 500$ I went back with about 2k. I had her stacking the ammo on the counter and I was figuring the price on my phone calculator. I had all the .22 mag ammo, and all the AR ammo and she was stacking all the Ak ammo out when another guy came in and said Oh shit, you gonna buy it all? I turned around and he said man I waited all week til payday to buy some AK ammo. I asked him how much would make him happy. He asked for 7 boxes. I think there were about 35 there. I let him have those. But I spent the whole 2grand.
I am going to a shooting school for a week and am glad I bought that ammo 2 years ago.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
good on you for leaving him 4

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Report This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Too nice. If I left him any, it would have been one box.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of 22 mag ammo. How do you shoot that? Rifle? That's not something you typically run through a 10/22 bullet hose.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Too nice. If I left him any, it would have been one box.

^^^^^^^^
What he said..... Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
You should have left him four...............rounds

Posts: 203 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Report This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
older gent tries to convince key lady and he was there before all others.

You should have bought them all based on that alone, but good on you. I bet his side of the story would be entertaining.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravens1775:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
older gent tries to convince key lady and he was there before all others.

You should have bought them all based on that alone, but good on you. I bet his side of the story would be entertaining.

Our local Walmart gets shipments in at night and ammo is shelved the n Ct morning. A number of retired guys show up every morning and buy all the .22. Limit of boxes? Everybody buys their limit then go to the back of the line. Yea the clerk is n on the scam.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
The Chantilly store has about 40 boxes of Winchester for about $8 a box. It has been there for at least 3 weeks.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post