SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Boy came home bitten and bruised from daycare today.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boy came home bitten and bruised from daycare today. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear it, man. Our son went through a few bouts of that with a few kids. One at the daycare we had him at before we moved and one here. Sometimes the person in charge catches it, sometimes it happens while things are hectic.

I wound up teaching my son to hit people who bite, starting at about age 2. "If someone bites you, you hit them in the face." He has. It's working. He just turned four, and hasn't come home with a bite mark in quite some time. I also grew up in the prime of "it takes two to fight" and I think it's complete horseshit. I wish I'd smacked a few more shitheads in the mouth growing up, and think I would probably be better off for it.

Wait until the next phase. The other day, he told me "Dad, Taymani called me motherfucker." I'm not sure where to go with that one yet, other than telling him words don't leave bite marks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Trying to find another place for a short period of time may be difficult.

Not to mention the enrollment fees plus getting things like shot records together again, etc.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
My puppy/dog's daycare (dude needs friends a few days a week don't laugh) has webcams. Don't know what the jokers running your daycare are thinking.

Best of luck finding a resolution.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
We had a biter in day care when my youngest was two. My wife and I went to complain. As we were talking, we looked out the window and saw five 2 year olds whupping up Sydney, the biter. My kid was in the lead. That solved the problem. I had to talk sternly to my daughter about it-over ice cream.

Right on. When my daughter was 3 a little boy grabbed her arm and wouldn't let go. She punched in the face and he let go. I told the teacher that I would talk to my daughter and that I was ok with my daughter's response.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
They need to hear from you that they are not doing the job you are paying them to do. Protect your child. Tell them they need to start doing a much better job starting tomorrow or their will be consequences.

Some level of this kind of stuff will happen as you said when strangers and other kids are in possession of your child

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
When I lived in Saigon as a 1st and 2nd grader, I had a friend that bit me on the arm a couple of times. My dad told me if he bit me again I was to beat his ass and if I didn’t, I would get a good spanking.
Well, he bit me again, I didn’t beat his ass and I did get the spanking.
The next time he bit me I started whipping his butt until his mom came in to drag me off him.
That night she called my dad to complain about what I did. He asked me if Mark bit me and I said yes. He asked if I beat his ass and I said yes. At that point he told Mrs. XXXXXX that I had done what he told me to, and that anytime her son bit me I would do it again, and perhaps she needed to deal with her sons problem.
He never bit me again.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post