SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Citibank CC called me wanting explanation of knife purchases.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Citibank CC called me wanting explanation of knife purchases. Login/Join 
posted
Citibank called me wanting explanation of credit card purchases. The card currently has a zero balance. They wanted to know why I had purchased several times from GPknives, Knifecenter & Knifeworks Oct thru Dec 2020. I told her it was none of Citibank's business. She then said it was Federal Law under "Know Your Customer Program". She also said my relationship with Citibank might be affected if I did not answer her questions. I then explained that I did not need Citibank.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of losvaqueros
posted Hide Post
wow

Posts: 1813 | Location: Mid Tenn | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should have told her that you collect knives and that you also collect Machine Guns and if they were concerned about a few knife purchases just wait because you have a line on a Browning M2 50 caliber machine gun.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Tell her you're a ninja, and these are tax-deductible work related expenses.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Know Your Customer Program"

Well, you don't need to know an ex-customer now, do you? AMF. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Sounds like bullshit to me. Tell her to pack sand.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
She also said my relationship with Citibank might be affected if I did not answer her questions.

"What a coincidence...my relationship with Citibank might be affected by your asking these questions...."

Posts: 15023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Excuse me, ma'am, but I find your voice arousing. What are you wearing? No, I mean under your clothes." That usually ends the call. Then it's AMF, as was previously suggested. If they call back, answer, "Al Sa'alam Alikim". BTW, as far as I know, there's nothing in federal law requiring them to ask such bullshit.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
AMF Citibank.

If that means you’ll also stop spamming me with solicitations for your cards, bank accounts, and other crap, I’d gladly run afoul of your “know your customer” bullshit.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
"Well, all these bodies aren't going to cut themselves up."

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Allow me to introduce you to my personal no longer your customer program.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Door prizes for the next Antifa Rally.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Down my way, from my experience with them, we refer to them as "Shitty Bank".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Know Your Customer Program

Yeah this is another government thing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_your_customer

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reading about that program shows two things. One, it’s a program not a law. “Make an effort” isn’t exactly ironclad nor is it binding. Two, buying pocket knives doesn’t fall under their criteria unless you are buying 100,000 dollars of knives at a time. Lol. Fuck Citibank.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Oh I’m sorry ma’am, the know your customer program doesn’t apply to me since I’m no longer your customer. Get fucked.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Citibank is responsible for 40% of my junk mail.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
"Well, all these bodies aren't going to cut themselves up."

Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Geezus. Who at Citibank made the decision that buying a few knives falls under the kyc program? They should be fired for gross incompetency. Speechless. They should have to publicly explain the basis for this questioning. Just so everyone in the country can have a good chuckle. And then be walked to the door. Pity the next employer who hires the person.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Down my way, from my experience with them, we refer to them as "Shitty Bank".

So did Sean Connery.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post