SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ever get excited about a product then see the price???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever get excited about a product then see the price??? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I dig cab lights on trucks always have. Unfortunately unless they come from the factory they are a gigantic pain to install.
Would love some on the Expedition just don’t feel like fooling with it.

Came across a set of wireless solar set. Got a wee bit excited look pretty decent in the pics.
I then made it to the page with a price.
Not today, likely not ever.

https://caboveramerica.com/pro...-cab-running-lights/

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. All the time.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Other than a full custom 2011 straight out of dreamland...

I really wanted a full set of Kyocera Damascus ceramic knives. Um, no. Bought a few to prepare food with, but the set doesn't seem likely.

The light kit you speak of is a neat setup. Considering what is being offered, it isn't that bad pricewise. On the other hand, having another fat remote on the keychain instead of a transmitter pigtailed into the wiring harness? That I just don't understand.

I think I'd rather wrestle the headliner out of the Expedition twice before dealing with the doesn't-turn-on-with-the-light-switch-on-the-truck BS at any price.

Posts: 9139 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I'm looking to transfer back to Denver and was all excited about it until I see what has happened to the price of housing out there. Its staggering how much its inflated.....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the other hand, having another fat remote on the keychain instead of a transmitter pigtailed into the wiring harness? That I just don't understand.

There are zero wires. Each light is independent and solar.
I’d make a little dash pod for the remote and not keep it on the key chain.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Yep. It's happening daily with the homes our realtor is sending us. Big Grin

Posts: 13090 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
I am sure they are attached with double sided tape, but if they are not, they certainly aren't worth drilling holes in my roof for. Notice they sell "replacement lights" for $125. Those things wouldn't last 24 months. Get the real deal and wire them in so they are integrated into the vehicle electrical.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want a Chevy Colorado. Saw a Z-71 on the local lot. 48K!
I thought for a second I was having a stroke!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16066 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I then made it to the page with a price.

Surely, this can't be the first time you've shopped for anything related to automotive or guns......or about anything else fun or hobby oriented. Think of how many (more than five) wired lights you could put on your truck for $500. You could have a real chicken hauler.

Posts: 880 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Every time I have to put gas in my car.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Anything I seem to WANT...sticker shock. Stuff I don't have strong feelings about...inexpensive.

Am I the only one who can seem to only desire the MOST EXPENSIVE whatever-it-is for some silly reason?

"Oh man, look at that thingamabob. I LIKE that. Holy shit! It costs an arm and a testicle! Oh crap there's a different model of the same type of thingamabob...it does the same thing...but I don't want THAT one."

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Pretty much all of the time.

Say you go into a eyeglass store. The clerk tells you to look around.

After a few minutes you pick out several frames. I can almost guarantee that you just picked out the $300-$450.00 dollar range designer frames.

That's how it seems to work in life, and it's the same for firearms, optics, accessories in my experience.

The second piece to this life experience is whatever else you pick "just by this amazing coincidence" just came off of a sale the day before. Naturally the price went back up.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
All the time.

Most recent case was somebody pointing-out a home automation system that looked really cool. Looked into it. Over $300 for just their controller. Then I'd have to spend more to improve my existing HA stuff (x10), or spend over $600 to replace it all. And then... and then... and then...

I decided to just fix my x10 system and keep using that Smile (I did and it's working great, now.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Nighthawk Custom VIP Black 1911 at the Shot Show, but at $7,999.99 not likely to happen.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Each time I look at a new Rolex watch.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Been looking at suppressors lately, a fair amount of sticker shock. But I need some Cool

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Seems almost daily.

Yesterday it was a new North Face jacket...for $280. No thanks!

I was in REI looking at them. There was a guy in there with his wife/girlfriend also looking at jackets, but not sure which ones. He was telling her there was no way he was spending that much on a jacket (I don't know how much it was). He said he could almost buy new skis for that price!

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
When I was in college and poor, I took my watch into a jewelry store to be repaired. They had a very nice glass ashtray on the counter and I thought it would look great back on my desk at the dorm.

Me: Great ashtray. How much you want for it?
Jeweler: Eleven fifty.
Me: Cool. I can do that.
Jeweler: That's $1,150. It's a Steuben.
Me: [Setting it down very carefully.] Oops!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P210 6” supertarget would qualify.

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Those in ground lights that angle up to illuminate your house. Holy balls a wee bit more pricy then I would have thought.

The FK BRNO and it’s ammo. I actually thought this might be a cool oddity to add to the collection.......ummm yeah no. I have the impulse control of PAC Man Jones in a strip club and even my inner child looked at those prices and thought ..... maybe invest in a college fund.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7673 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post