SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Have the Russians hacked the local Country Station???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have the Russians hacked the local Country Station??? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I have no freaking clue what on earth they are playing. They claim to be a country station but they have songs being sung about rapping to Eminem and this new Tim McGraw song about talking to a woman that needs to be on the Jazz R&B horrid station.
If this is what passes for country these days NO THANK YOU.
The other country station that plays the 90s early 2000s stuff is goo d but their play list is crazy short.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear ya.
We have an oldies station that I used to listen to quite a bit, but they are playing songs I have never heard before ever. They may be oldies but I am not sure they ever got playing time. They belong in the trash.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Think they've taken over our country stations too. I've noticed this weekend the music is more like Country-Pop. I like Country-Rock, not Country-Pop.

Sam Hunt is a Communist...

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I just love radio stations whose playlist is 12 songs in an endless loop.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Most modern country isn't county. It's merely corporate pop music designed to cater to a certain rural demographic.

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=stVNdLmKGYw

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
There is a LOT of mediocre shit (I won't glorify with the term "music") being played on stations of every genre nowadays. I quit listening to radio altogether, but sometimes listen to stations on Slacker.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
If you have your phone connected to your car, try using Pandora to play the music you like. When you're home, stick with CDs or something. Radio blows.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This is why Spotify and Pandora are so popular.

I listen to only two Philly radio stations now and nothing else since they all have become terrible, the "classic rock" station has only about 30 songs in their library which they play to death.

1210 WPHT is a conservative talk station on AM which I stream on the TuneInRadio app as the sound quality is much better. 88.5 WXPN is a non commercial independent FM radio station with great variety and lots of local artists. When nothing is on those two stations, I put on Spotify.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PASig,

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Most modern country isn't county. It's merely corporate pop music designed to cater to a certain rural demographic.

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=stVNdLmKGYw

Yep. Back when I was doing the live sound thing, we had country night every Thursday for years (and usually 2 shows per nights). The *vast* majority was really just southern or "classic" rock sung with a bit of twang. We'd get "country rap", "country pop", and even a few bands that'd I'd probably describe as "country metal". As long as you sung with a drawl, grew up far enough out of town that most of your neighbors drove trucks, and at least one person in the band wore a hat (cowboy or baseball) or had a giant beard, the crowd called it close enough and everyone had a great time. Of the hundreds of "country" shows I worked, I'd guess less than 10 were "traditional" country bands.

Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it.

Posts: 1552 | Location: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
If you have your phone connected to your car, try using Pandora to play the music you like. When you're home, stick with CDs or something. Radio blows.

I do in my personal vehicles but in my company car it is not feasable.

————————————————

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Get one of these, then.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I grew up listening to Bocephus, Willie, Waylon, Johnny Cash, and the like. I now despise country music for what it has become. As someone said, it is corporate music that is aimed at a rural demographic. County has become a shitshow of people with little talent. Maybe the music industry in general, but I definitely see it in country. I listen to either talk radio or playlists on my phone these days.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have no freaking clue what on earth they are playing.

Doesn't do you much good in the car but if you're just yearning for some "country oldies", you can stream one of my favorite stations - The Wolf 105.1, Waverly, TN - while working at your computer.
The splash screen on the web site sucks but at least the LISTEN LIVE option does work.
http://www.tennesseewolf.com/

Enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Get one of these, then.

Getting the tunes to the stereo is not the issue it is the battery life of my phone. I am lucky to get a shift out of the phone as the Bluetooth connection to my body camera sucks it dry.

It is not feasable to have my phone plugged into a charger with the frequency I am in and out of the vehicle.

————————————————

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I hate "modern" country music, sounds more like pop and rock and rap with a twang.

Iheartradio app is a great way to listen to classic (or whatever you like) country. You can build your own "channels". For example, George Jones channel plays his songs and similar by different artists. Randy Travis channel will be similar, but differentSmile

I have added a bunch of diverse classic country types to my app....Tom T. Hall, CW McCall, Statler Brothers, Oak Ridge Boys, Waylon, Willie, Marty Robbins, and lots more.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
CW McCall

You Sir, have excellent taste in music.

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Getting the tunes to the stereo is not the issue it is the battery life of my phone. I am lucky to get a shift out of the phone as the Bluetooth connection to my body camera sucks it dry.

It is not feasable to have my phone plugged into a charger with the frequency I am in and out of the vehicle.

Battery case?

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Battery case?

Bad country music is not enough of a deal for me to worry about it too much.

I have enough crap and bulk to carry around as is. I rarely carried my cellphone on me at work before body cams but since it is the interface to our body cameras I don't have much choice. I am strongly against my personal cell phone being the interface but that is a rant for another day and not a public forum.

————————————————

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Spotify & External Battery for tablet. Will do more than enough to power your phone all day and not feedback through the car's electrical system to affect speakers.

Remember, Para doesn't allow Pandora around here Smile

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post