Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meijer Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted
Found something on my grandson's birthday wishlist at a Meijer store 45 minutes away. Thought I would purchase online so I had one locked down and selected "pick up" as opposed to delivery. There was a $4.95 pick up fee. Sorry. Not gonna work that way. I ordered off another vendor and had shipped for similar money.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
They quit selling guns years ago and then handgun ammo when WalMart did. Not high on my list of places to go. Nearest one is 35 minutes away regardless.

But they are open 24/7 (or were) and I worry less walking across their parking lot or having my car broken into at O'dark 30 so when I'm headed up north and need some stuff, they are convenient to stop at.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Send an email off to corporate. I have complained about the self check at my local Meijer store.

Not saying that anything will change but at least let them know of your displeasure.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around here they are clean and well stocked.
Wal-Mart's been closing at 8:30, Meijer's open until 10:00.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Meijer is just meh.

Back in the day when I was a kid the closest one was 45 minutes from us and they had a full blow restaurant and their burgers and waffle fries were awesome!
It was not uncommon for us to drive there just for dinner.

Now Meijers are all over the place and no more restaurants.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Had a 2nd ankle surgery 3 weeks ago, and could barely hobble around for a week, so I thought I’d order my groceries online and have them delivered.

Checked Meijer, and the nearest delivery date was 3 days out (thanks covid), and it was something like $14.
I thought, okay, how about y’all gather the groceries and I’ll pick them up...like you said, it was something like $5, and would be ready in a day and a half. No thanks.

I ended up shopping at a different grocery store with free pickup and was ready that afternoon.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
More and more places are offering free delivery, but you’re going to charge me $5 to come and pick it up myself?

No thanks.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I worked at one for a bit. They are union (or were 25 years ago, can't say if they still are), and the most useless bullshit union ever. I was working the deli one day and everyone called in sick so I was alone. I told the manager I understood I was it and needed to close the deli for 10 minutes so I could eat a sandwich. Just 10 minutes, for a an 8 hour shift. She said no, we can't close it. I said rules say I get a break and a lunch, I'm just asking for one 10 minute break and I'll cover the rest. She said no. I said you have two choices, give me a 10 minute break or I quit on the spot and you can close it all night. I ate my sandwich and then she threatened to discipline me the next day ... I asked for my union steward and he said they have no control over breaks per the contract. I said it's the law idiot not just a union rule. He said too bad and left it at that. Keep in mind this was a minimum wage $4.25 an hour job. I walked off not too long after.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
The primary function of a union is to relieve you of your dues.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
The primary function of a union is to relieve you of your dues.

Yup, I didnt like unions before that job, and a career in the auto industry has taught me to hate them. And when your making $4.25 an hour you cant really afford dues for a total douche fest organization

That being said, I actually liked shopping there, just working there sucked.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
They quit selling guns years ago and then handgun ammo when WalMart did. Not high on my list of places to go. Nearest one is 35 minutes away regardless.

But they are open 24/7 (or were) and I worry less walking across their parking lot or having my car broken into at O'dark 30 so when I'm headed up north and need some stuff, they are convenient to stop at.

There’s a brand new one that just opened here. They’ve already presented themselves as self righteous virtue signaling douches.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I worked at one for a bit. They are union (or were 25 years ago, can't say if they still are), and the most useless bullshit union ever. I was working the deli one day and everyone called in sick so I was alone. I told the manager I understood I was it and needed to close the deli for 10 minutes so I could eat a sandwich. Just 10 minutes, for a an 8 hour shift. She said no, we can't close it. I said rules say I get a break and a lunch, I'm just asking for one 10 minute break and I'll cover the rest. She said no. I said you have two choices, give me a 10 minute break or I quit on the spot and you can close it all night. I ate my sandwich and then she threatened to discipline me the next day ... I asked for my union steward and he said they have no control over breaks per the contract. I said it's the law idiot not just a union rule. He said too bad and left it at that. Keep in mind this was a minimum wage $4.25 an hour job. I walked off not too long after.

They may be bad, do not know never worked there in that union, but to me the UAW is one of the most useless unions I know of. I have been in a few unions...not by choice.
It is pretty bad when you can trust the company men over the union reps.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post