SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Wife had a cow...don't know why.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife had a cow...don't know why. Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
It's because you left the garage door open, isn't it?

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
It's because you left the garage door open, isn't it?

Yeah, that must be it. Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
His stated plan doesn't make sense to me He's thinking small sailboat hull...Gonna be a nightmare from a stability standpoint.

Two words: Hobie Cat.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost in the Woods
Picture of NHForester
posted Hide Post
Last know image of PHPaul:

Posts: 1475 | Location: Newfound Lake, NH | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Screw the airboat - build him a Thai longtail boat.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj4yymmPCkU

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^Well that was interesting. I liked the turbo whine, but was that a diesel motor? The description says the motor was 1 liter and it seems the a boat that light with a flat bottom should go faster than 62 mph.

posted Hide Post
Very small boat, very stable boat. Remember water has an ADHESIVE factor, so while a John boat will be stable, it won’t be fast due to the adhesion across the bottom surface.

Canoe with outriggers?

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the motor?

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
I See Duck Dynasty making a Come back and this being on the pilot show

Posts: 1601 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
What is the motor?

It's a Cuyuna 2 cylinder 2 stroke engine originally used in snowmobiles. Detuned for reliability and common in ultralights back in the day. Around 30 hp.

Haven't gotten it running yet. Carb is messing with me. Will start and run on ether but won't run on it's own. Been sidetracked by other projects, need to get that gangly sumbitch out of my garage.

Maybe Tuesday.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/HCTGM1nkzN8

It's ALIVE! MuWAAAAAAhahahahaha.

Took three trips through the carburetor to get all the 20 year old goopy remains of premixed fuel out of it.

Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Didn’t some member’s wife make a “Lawn dart of death” remark years ago.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'll need a beer for someone to hold.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
First, and most importantly, good luck on the engine resurrection project! Smile

Secondly.....
quote:

What is the motor?...
Around 30 hp.

For reasons due to either

1) my poor Google-fu, or
2) fundamental physics

this was the result for a Google search for the phrase "30 horsepower airboats"
quote:
About 896,000 results (0.66 seconds)
No results found for "30 horsepower airboats".

I also wish your friend luck, but I think he may find his use for this engine to be something more prosaic than an airboat.

Chicken dryer, I like that! Though, my friend has maybe a dozen chickens/roosters and, contrary to the saying 'mad as a wet hen' his avians seem to like being out in the rain.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Screw the airboat - build him a Thai longtail boat.

Anyone else looking for 007-Roger Moore to come out?

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj4yymmPCkU

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post