SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    ARMIDILLOS-“ Satan on the half Shell”
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ARMIDILLOS-“ Satan on the half Shell” Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I used to know a cajun fellow who said that on the way to work if he saw a dead armadillo or possum alongside the road, he's stop and circle it with paint. If he saw one on the way home that wasn't circled, that was fresh enough to take home to eat.

I don't believe he was kidding.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
.22 does NOT ricochet off an Armidillo Wink

Nasty ass bastards.........

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That has certainly been my experience, and the idea that a .38 or 9mm does, is absurd.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
m855 anyone?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand that a 22lr will ricochet off a turtes shell. Is this urban myth??? The article I read sometime back suggested using a 12 gauge shotgun to shoot turtles for this reason. It was an article of ridding your pond of turtles who destroyed the fish habitat. It went on to state that it made quite a mess, but that the remaining turtles would feast on the remains of their friends thus allowing another oppportunity to shoot them.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Regarding ricochets, well, that must say something for my shooting skills !!!!!!!!! Wink

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
They're actually not that hard to catch by hand. Run a bit faster, stand in front of them. They run into your leg, bounce off, curl up in a ball. pick them up (avoid the claws), stick them in a box or sack, take them somewhere else.

This is why you need a trebuchet.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The Yooper version of an Armadillo is called a Porcupine.

The Montana version is called a Deer. The fuckers are everywhere! Driving around here is like running a gauntlet.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Pulled into my drive today to see an armadillo rooting around in my yard. Watched it for a few min and then released the dog, he chased it and could have easily caught it, but when he got close and got a sniff he was like "forget that!" and quit the chase entirely. Can't say I blame him.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Bullshit, I've killed many an armidillo with my silenced 22. Some days I would kill half a dozen a day.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
I've heard they can carry leprosy so keep yourself and your dog away.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RaiseHal:
Bullshit, I've killed many an armidillo with my silenced 22. Some days I would kill half a dozen a day.

Whutt? Were the 'dillos falling out the sky like manna?

And yes I agree, do not eat armadillos!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use CCI Quiet .22 in my CZ rifle . Quiet enough not to freak out the neighbors and they will penetrate just fine .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Why not practice your bow skills? OR close Combat sword play. Last I checked a dillo aint fast. Not fast enough to avoid a tire anyways.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
Why not practice your bow skills? OR close Combat sword play. Last I checked a dillo aint fast. Not fast enough to avoid a tire anyways.

Not a fair statement. Armadillos have the C2GY gene, which in effect draws them to the smell of commercially produced automobile tires. They can't help themselves, bless their hearts.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post