SIGforum
ARMIDILLOS-“ Satan on the half Shell”

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/3160020544

July 30, 2018, 10:54 AM
sns3guppy
ARMIDILLOS-“ Satan on the half Shell”
I used to know a cajun fellow who said that on the way to work if he saw a dead armadillo or possum alongside the road, he's stop and circle it with paint. If he saw one on the way home that wasn't circled, that was fresh enough to take home to eat.

I don't believe he was kidding.
July 31, 2018, 02:55 AM
sybo
.22 does NOT ricochet off an Armidillo Wink

Nasty ass bastards.........
July 31, 2018, 04:11 AM
arfmel
That has certainly been my experience, and the idea that a .38 or 9mm does, is absurd.
July 31, 2018, 05:56 AM
Oz_Shadow
m855 anyone?
July 31, 2018, 04:58 PM
ZSMICHAEL
I understand that a 22lr will ricochet off a turtes shell. Is this urban myth??? The article I read sometime back suggested using a 12 gauge shotgun to shoot turtles for this reason. It was an article of ridding your pond of turtles who destroyed the fish habitat. It went on to state that it made quite a mess, but that the remaining turtles would feast on the remains of their friends thus allowing another oppportunity to shoot them.
August 02, 2018, 06:48 AM
sybo
Regarding ricochets, well, that must say something for my shooting skills !!!!!!!!! Wink
August 02, 2018, 11:02 AM
Sig2340
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
They're actually not that hard to catch by hand. Run a bit faster, stand in front of them. They run into your leg, bounce off, curl up in a ball. pick them up (avoid the claws), stick them in a box or sack, take them somewhere else.

This is why you need a trebuchet.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
August 02, 2018, 07:16 PM
Gustofer
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The Yooper version of an Armadillo is called a Porcupine.

The Montana version is called a Deer. The fuckers are everywhere! Driving around here is like running a gauntlet.

August 02, 2018, 08:42 PM
slabsides45
Pulled into my drive today to see an armadillo rooting around in my yard. Watched it for a few min and then released the dog, he chased it and could have easily caught it, but when he got close and got a sniff he was like "forget that!" and quit the chase entirely. Can't say I blame him.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
August 02, 2018, 10:37 PM
RaiseHal
Bullshit, I've killed many an armidillo with my silenced 22. Some days I would kill half a dozen a day.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill
August 02, 2018, 10:38 PM
RaiseHal
I've heard they can carry leprosy so keep yourself and your dog away.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill
August 02, 2018, 10:47 PM
mr kablammo
quote:
Originally posted by RaiseHal:
Bullshit, I've killed many an armidillo with my silenced 22. Some days I would kill half a dozen a day.

Whutt? Were the 'dillos falling out the sky like manna?

And yes I agree, do not eat armadillos!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
August 03, 2018, 12:54 PM
selogic
I use CCI Quiet .22 in my CZ rifle . Quiet enough not to freak out the neighbors and they will penetrate just fine .
August 03, 2018, 10:57 PM
fatmanspencer
Why not practice your bow skills? OR close Combat sword play. Last I checked a dillo aint fast. Not fast enough to avoid a tire anyways.

Used guns deserve a home too
August 04, 2018, 10:13 PM
slabsides45
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
Why not practice your bow skills? OR close Combat sword play. Last I checked a dillo aint fast. Not fast enough to avoid a tire anyways.

Not a fair statement. Armadillos have the C2GY gene, which in effect draws them to the smell of commercially produced automobile tires. They can't help themselves, bless their hearts.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers