SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "Cancelled Amazon Order" phishing scams in my email:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Cancelled Amazon Order" phishing scams in my email: Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
Anyone else getting these? They're so annoying. "Your ordered has been successfully cancelled. If this was in error, please blah, blah, blah. Give us your personal info and we'll rape your finances."

I wish people weren't so gullible so that these things wouldn't be so popular.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get them too.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Same here.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Yep.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And a similar one with a PayPal theme.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Yes, I received one after a legitimate credit card hack email, so I was concerned, however, it said "cancelled" so I never opened it.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got them too. I just delete. I know I didn't order or cancel anything.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Never got the Amazon cancellation email. If I get one purporting to be CC company or banking institution, I never click the link. I go to the website, sign in, and see if the important message is truly there.

Hover over the "from", why would a financial institution or web merchant be contacting me using billg@gmail.com?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I'm currently getting about 30 junk mails a day. At least 3 are the Cancelled Amazon ones, 5 from "Lyft", a few about making my schlong longer, some from hot women who live near me whose husbands are out of town...I block every address and it only gets worse. I posted about it the other day.

Still, 30 a day at the worst, for a 22 year old, daily used, email account? I'm not complaining too much.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been getting one or two of these daily for about the last 3 weeks. Thank god they go into my junk folder.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
I get them in my email account that's NOT associated with Amazon.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I get several a day. This all started when Yahoo site was hacked. I get over 120 spam emails a day.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, and evidently I have toe fungus now?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Got one as well, in addition to a few British tax returns good for a few thousand GBP's, and a few notices about how I have accounts that will be closed asking where they should send the remaining balance.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I get those all the time.

Today I got a TEXT message from "Wells Fargo" about my account and click link to whatever.

Don't have Wells Fargo. Number blocked. Probably spoofed anyway.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Most of the ones I get are of the "your account is cancelled/limited please update your information" type. Funny that they send the Paypal ones to an email address that has never had a Paypal account. Same for iCloud ones, to an address that is not the one used for iCloud.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I coudn't tell what is contained in such emails, because I've never opened one of them and I don't see why any web-savvy person would. I see the subject lines of these emails in my Spam folder, right before I hit 'Delete All'.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
You don't need to open them to know they're phishing emails, para. (I'm just assuming what I typed is what is written in them.)

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I started receiving such emails. I know it is a scam. That is why I never open it and delete all of them. But, I started getting those emails AFTER I placed couple of orders from Amazon about 4 weeks ago. I placed 2 separate orders for RV parts. Then, I started getting those scam emails. I wonder if someone had gotten into Amazon's database.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I get them too but strangely, not in the email that I use for amazon or any internet sales.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post