SIGforum
Dear Contractors Buying Booze at Circle K This AM

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/3140093044

April 12, 2018, 11:41 AM
Kevmo
Dear Contractors Buying Booze at Circle K This AM
If you like to drink that's your business, even if it is 7am, I get that BUT, if you work for a company that does a lot of work in the area you might not want to wear you company shirt and get into your company truck after I just watched you and you crew buy giant soda's and nip bottles then dump them in the sodas out front.

I know who is off my bid list now for the job I am getting ready to have done.

I will add that I do not think any of the geniuses were the owner and I am going to let the owner know that it's not the best form of advertising
April 12, 2018, 12:52 PM
Ryanp225
Good man.
I'd sure like to know if it were some of my boys doing that stupid crap.
April 12, 2018, 01:20 PM
Kevmo
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Good man.
I'd sure like to know if it were some of my boys doing that stupid crap.

Beyond the obvious issues I would not want someone working on my house half in the bag and then falling off a ladder, sawing a digit off, etc and then coming after my homeowners policy
April 12, 2018, 01:39 PM
rscalzo
Come on. A few belts in the AM before work never killed anyone. Even this guy proved that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.c4793d5b9d5a

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
April 12, 2018, 02:11 PM
ZSMICHAEL
Just stocking up for after work. LOL This is a lot more common than you realize. Construction jobs typically do not test for alchol or drugs.
April 12, 2018, 02:22 PM
Kevmo
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Just stocking up for after work. LOL This is a lot more common than you realize. Construction jobs typically do not test for alchol or drugs.

Oh, I am sure it is common and I was not even that shocked when i saw them mixing it in the parking lot

I had am old school "gaffer/electrician" on set years ago that showed up drunk on a regular basis and feared nothing nor no amount of electricity, I am amazed he is still alive
April 12, 2018, 02:33 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Come on. A few belts in the AM before work never killed anyone. Even this guy proved that.
One little drinky winky never hurt anybody. Hic!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
April 12, 2018, 02:47 PM
recoatlift
Our neighbor had their maple trimmed last month. I was drinking a cup of java on the porch & noticed a guy get out of the truck, take a qt of Bud out of a sack, twist off the top & chug the entire qt. He then grabbed a chainsaw, climbed into the maple & proceeded to go about his work.

They got the job done & only tree limbs were cut off!
April 12, 2018, 02:48 PM
Kevmo
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Our neighbor had their maple trimmed last month. I was drinking a cup of java on the porch & noticed a guy get out of the truck, take a qt of Bud out of a sack, twist off the top & chug the entire qt. He then grabbed a chainsaw, climbed into the maple & proceeded to go about his work.

They got the job done & only tree limbs were cut off!

Poster boy for OSHA right there!
April 12, 2018, 05:57 PM
tatortodd
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Construction jobs typically do not test for alchol or drugs.
They certainly do in oil & gas and there are repercussions. For example, contractor fails a D&A test and:
  • they'll never enter that company's gates again.
  • if in the union the D&A test results go back to the union hall.
  • the test was given post-accident then the lawyers will get hold of it and the drunk or druggie will be personally named as a defendant in the lawsuit.

• Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
    April 12, 2018, 06:59 PM
    ZSMICHAEL
    quote:
    They certainly do in oil & gas and there are repercussions. For example, contractor fails a D&A test and:
    they'll never enter that company's gates again.
    if in the union the D&A test results go back to the union hall.
    the test was given post-accident then the lawyers will get hold of it and the drunk or druggie will be personally named as a defendant in the lawsuit.

Yep. They are subject to a special set of regulations. I was referring to construction jobs in general. Truck drivers are subject to random testing through the Department of Transportation.
    April 12, 2018, 07:02 PM
    bendable
    way back during the housing boom in Maricopa county there would be a line of a half a dozen guys with four ,24 packs in their arms at the prime circle K's
    and more that a few times they would get tall boy or two for breakfast.

They told me that it was important to stay hydrated in the 100 degree heat .

By the time we got done installing the appliances and needed signitures, the super's were about 2/3 pissed off

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
    April 12, 2018, 08:09 PM
    sunburn
    I got a call inquiring what we were doing at the local bar.
    Nothing I say.
    Well, you got three trucks there was the reply...

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.