SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I miss Purell hand sanitizer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I miss Purell hand sanitizer Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I bought a pump bottle and a refill bottle last year before covid from either CVS or Walgreens, so this is the real deal and what you should see for ingredients.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
so this is the real deal and what you should see for ingredients.

Gotcha. You and henryaz are confirming that some of those amazon reviews are full tilt off the mark. Thanks.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Even GermX is not the same. It used to have a more perfume scent.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
The local WalMart had Purell on the shelf last visit. They limited people to one bottle each, but they did have it.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
They got so much fucking hand sanitizer at the local Home Depot. Cases of that stuff. I don't know how they think they will ever sell all that.

Not Purell or GermX. I wash my hands with soap and water. Rarely use the sanitizer.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Nice to see the USA made quality stuff in stock. I bought some Mexican made stuff that was recalled. It makes great campfire starter gel Smile

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
so this is the real deal and what you should see for ingredients.

Gotcha. You and henryaz are confirming that some of those amazon reviews are full tilt off the mark. Thanks.

Some are (off the mark). But there is one persistent complaint that may be on the mark (I have not received my shipment yet). That is, this newer incarnation of Germ-X is thinner, and more runny. They still show the 64% ethyl alcohol as the main ingredient, but from my experience of making my own, cutting down the thickening agent can make it thinner. I use glycerin for that, and their label shows they do too. Cutting down on that could be the reason it is more runny. I will use it from a spray bottle, so that should not be as much of an issue as if you just poured it out. I could always add a bit of glycerin to it if it is an issue.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
I have a bottle of Germ-X right here and water is the last item in the inactive ingredients list. It also says 63% ethyl alcohol.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I thought effective hand sanitizer had to be At least 70% alcohol ?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
I have a bottle of Germ-X right here and water is the last item in the inactive ingredients list. It also says 63% ethyl alcohol.

The newer stuff (just ordered from Amazon) lists water as first on the inactive ingredients.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:

60%

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
The newer stuff (just ordered from Amazon) lists water as first on the inactive ingredients.

So the laments in the amazon reviews are actually correct that the formula has been changed with more water than in the past.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Yes the formula has changed but it is not "fake" as many reviewers were saying, I personally don't find it too runny at all and it does not stink like so many others. I have read that there is a shortage of glycerin due to Covid 19. I have bottles of Purell that I bought last year and they also show water as the first inactive ingredient.

Here is a comment on Amazon.

"Nicole
5.0 out of 5 stars This is the real Germ-X
Reviewed in the United States on July 26, 2020
Verified Purchase
This is the real Germ-X. Like others, I had my doubts because of how watery it is and the cap is white. I didn’t want to use, if that was the case. So I did my research. I found that many who purchased during the same timeframe, from other retailers, had the same complaints. I contacted the company directly and it was confirmed that is their product. They made some changes to the formulation and packaging because of the demand. But it’s still as potent and works."

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Delta has been handing out Purell wipes when you get on the plane and individual hand sanitizer packs with the bag of snacks they offer. The individual gel packs don’t have a full list of ingredients but have a 70% alcohol level. The wipes have 62% and list water first among inactive ingredients.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
My gas station here in NH has it at every pump these days.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cusingeorge
posted Hide Post
We’ve been making tanker loads all summer for a few big names, I think by now they’ve tweaked the formula enough that it’s no longer sticky, and doesn’t smell bad. We’ve got it up on one of our websites now but it’s sold by the gallon

Master’s Magic

My tongue swore, but my mind was still unpledged.

Posts: 2195 | Location: Calumet, Oklahoma  | Registered: August 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
The Meijer I shop at had Purell 8 oz pump bottles today at $2.99. Picked up a couple as it was buy one get the second 40 percent off. Interestingly that they had absolutely no paper towels.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's so much hand sanitizer around here, you'd think people drank it!

The next item on the 'its everywhere' is masks.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:

It appears to depend on which kind of alcohol is being used.
Here's a link to CDC's page on 'ABHR' (Alcohol Based Hand Rubs) https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru...-hand-sanitizer.html
quote:
CDC recommends using ABHR with 60-95% alcohol in healthcare settings.

quote:
CDC does not have a recommended alternative to hand rub products with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol as active ingredients.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post