SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    ***UPDATE*** it has been found. Cheese graters and hose nozzles...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

***UPDATE*** it has been found. Cheese graters and hose nozzles... Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
So I picked up a new cheese grater. It’s a Cusipro box grater. It is sharp. It’s literally a box with a bunch of razors. I got my thumb too close. One pass and I grated three nice paths, deep enough that they were bleeding, a lot. Not the best way to start breakfast.
None the less, rubbing alcohol and a bandage and we finished breakfast, (threw out the cheese and started again, yes, the three pieces of skin were equal in size to the grated pieces of cheese) and the day was going well.
This afternoon, I took off the bandage and applied New Skin. That burned like hell, but at least I don’t have some big soggy bandage on my thumb now.

Last night I washed the Jeep. So of course today Mrs. Cooker wants to go off road. Off to some dirt roads we went. Now last night when I was going to wash the Jeep, I couldn’t find my spray nozzle. I figured my wife put it somewhere special and so I grabbed a standard nozzle. So today when I get home and the Jeep is covered in dust, I look for my nozzle. I searched every single place it could have been put. Nowhere. I ask my wife. She said she wouldn’t dare touch it, it’s my special car nozzle and she uses the shit nozzles. I check every possible place on my entire piece of property, three times. I moved the two huge rolling tool chests, check in every drawer, every shelf, every box, everywhere. I looked so hard I’m surprised I didn’t find Jimmy Hoffa.

Now my nozzle isn’t just some crap nozzle you pick up at Walmart or Home Despot. It’s a Griots Garage Finest Water Hose Nozzle. It’s adjustable like a fire hose. It has a fantastic spray pattern, and it’s rugged. I’ve had it for at least six years. I bought it at a Griots Garage sale and picked it up for $30. It was used in their wash bay for a year or two and being sold. Super score, as it normally runs $110. I added a quick valve to turn the water on/off so I wouldn’t ruin my spray pattern by opening and closing the spray head.

SOME PIECE OF SHIT, WASTE OF LIFE, SAUSAGE SMUGGLING, SHIT GIBBON, FUCK MUPPET, STOLE THIS OFF MY PORCH.

Now I live in a small town. In a nice neighborhood. It’s almost a retirement community. My neighbors are all retired and in their late 60’s to 80’s. I used to keep the spray head in the garage because I knew if it was stolen, I most likely wouldn’t replace it at the cost of $110. This neighborhood is so sleepy and everyone is so old, I figured it would be safe on my porch.

Im seriously bummed. My water pressure is scaled down to 65 psi, and I have great flow. This spray head would deliver its max capacity of 14 GPM. This works quite well for rinsing off a car. It’s like a biblical monsoon with a fantastic adjustable spray pattern.

I guess it’s back to being a commoner with a standard spray nozzle.

I wasted the whole afternoon looking for it. The Jeep is still dirty.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Beancooker,

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I read the first sentence, and then notice the bolded caps below and my eyes and brain acted on their own accord and told me what it said. If one does nothing else this day, I can highly recommend doing exactly what I just did.

Jesus, Noah! Big Grin
I hope your day improves, brother.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
SOME PIECE OF SHIT, WASTE OF LIFE, SAUSAGE SMUGGLING, SHIT GIBBON, FUCK MUPPET, STOLE THIS OFF MY PORCH.
Cool rant.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Noah,

You or any of your neighbors have external cameras that might have caught the misappropriation?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walk around the block and look for shiny, clean cars.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Noah,

You or any of your neighbors have external cameras that might have caught the misappropriation?

The neighbor across the street has a couple cameras, but I have no idea when it came up missing. Last time I used it was two weeks ago.

I don’t feel comfortable asking him to peruse two weeks worth of camera footage.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Figure out how much you would charge hourly if you free-lanced. I'll bet you a box of donuts you spent more value in the time you spent looking for the nozzle than a new nozzle would have cost.

If it was worth that much in time, then it's worth buying a replacement.

(That's the line I use to justify this kind of stuff!)

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to worry. After a rant like that, It'll turn up.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1056 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Well that sucks. Nothing is safe anymore. At all. Period.

I've always thought if when I move if I could afford to get an acre or two and have a 50x50 nice looking insulated, power and water and sewage etc, that I would put everything inside. Nothing stays outside, not even bbq grills or the wheel barrow or a rake.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
The only way to truly find it is to buy another one. Within a week of the new one showing up you will find the original one...

BTW, first in for the karma!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your troubles, but even worse, I now want one of these very expensive nozzles.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I am sorry for your troubles, but even worse, I now want one of these very expensive nozzles.

Me too. I MUST forget I've read this...

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

So I would recommend buying the nozzle, and creating your own quick on off valve. The one from Griots will work, but for the same price you can get a nice high flow brass valve. That’s what I did.

Here is a link to the greatest hose nozzle of all time, so you can enjoy this gift from the Gods as well. Shipping is free too!

quote:
The “lol” thread

Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Beancooker, I feel for you. I absolutely despise thieves.

quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

And this is perhaps the most well-constructed explanation I've seen this year. Bravo, sir.

Posts: 2457 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
SOME ....

airsoft guy, is that you? Wink

Studies have found that ranting is good for us if it’s not something we do all the time, and that was one of the best I’ve read here in a long time from someone who doesn’t rant about everything. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Not to be prejudiced, but it is obvious from the first part of your post... you are a vegetarian.......

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So my wife comes to me and says I owe her a big kiss. I give her a kiss and she gave me my hose nozzle.

She said she used it and forgot, and put the nozzle in the tote that holds my pellets for smoking.

Why she would put a wet hose nozzle in with wood pellets...

Anyways, I’m happy as a pig in shit. I was going to buy another one tomorrow, so that saved me a few bucks.

quote:
The “lol” thread

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Nelson-...a-373204034077&psc=1

One for her. I have it. Works great.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
LOL Noah we both just struck gold.

I posted this thread last July
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/6400010274/p/1
Well yesterday the missing hammer was found. It was hanging off the side of a garage workbench obscured by other gear. It simply had been missed over and over and over again. At least you hadn't ordered a replacement like I did. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Glad you found your nozzle...

happens to me all the time.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post