SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Harry's razor is selling out to Schick
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry's razor is selling out to Schick Login/Join 
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
This does affect us all. Even though I'm a DE user, someday I hope to reach an age where maybe I'm not so coordinated to use my DE. The disposable cartridge has given a little more independence to many due to age or ability.

Maybe there's another Harry around the corner to fill the void.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Ahh, fair points, gentlemen. Sometimes it’s too easy to forget what challenges others may be dealing with.

Bob, sorry to hear about the throat cancer, but I’m glad you’re still with us. Even with the light growth, it may still be worth it to use a shaving cream or soap for the added lubricity. Maybe save you some irritation, at least. Do you use a wetted alum bar on your face after you shave? If not, I humbly suggest giving it a try. Soothes irritation and disinfects the skin right after you shave. The first time I used one marked the last time I’ve ever suffered from razor burn. It simply doesn’t happen now. I remember thinking “what is this wizardry?” and discovered it’s been used for such for nearly a thousand years. Only in recent years has it been basically left by the wayside.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, and I have to admit I'd never heard of one before your post.

I never get razor burn, the blades take the light beard off and, well, that's it. I do wet my face if I don't use any lather.

I think, as far as the work/pleasure of shaving, I'm fortunate.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I’d never heard of it either until about nine months ago.

Bob, this is where I stop trying to arrogantly lecture you, apologize, and simply wish you well. You’ve got a solid handle on your situation and I’m not trying to a horse’s ass here. Big Grin

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't think you were one at all, it was just a conversation for me.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, that's good to hear, I was starting to feel like one after your last few replies. Big Grin

Stumbling through where
others have fallen
Picture of REdwin89
posted Hide Post
Have used Harry's blades for a few years. Blades evidently not as sharp last few batches, shaves not so good. Finally had enough--bought Gillette 3 blade disposables at less than a buck each in the 8 pack. Shave is great. We'll see how many comfortable shaves per blade I get.

"I don't know a lot but I can zero beat the V's on an R390."

Posts: 2322 | Location: No longer new to Central NY | Registered: March 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Not so fast!

FTC sues to stop Schick-Harry’s merger

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Hell, isn't that the fantasy? Start your little ol' company and have one of the big guys come in a buy you out for life changing money.

Yes, but I have a problem with starting a company on the basis of stop over paying for razors from the big companies then sell out to the big companies.

Don't confuse marketing with their goals. The primary goal of any company is to maximize profits for its shareholders.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I finally used up the goodie in my last Gillette disposable and used my new Hary's razor with, I think, four blades. Kinda wierd shape as it sits on my fact, but it really cut close and was fast.

I hate to shave, so I want to do all that is not covered by my goatee/mustache as quickly as possible.

We'll see how many weeks (shave either once or twice a week most of the time) this lasts.

So far, so good.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If someone is the least bit entrepreneurial, I think an interesting trail has been laid down here. How hard would it be to get razors and blades contracted out of China, spin up a web advertising campaign, get some money coming in, use that to buy some TV time to get more exposure. Present a threat to the big boys, get bought out for 10 figures.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't understand, what appear to me to be multiple expensive shaving alternatives. Every so often, I buy a bag of Bic disposable razors. It costs next to nothing and lasts for months. Problem solved.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Just heard something that the sale is off, not going to happen.

Sorry I can’t provide a link right now.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Do you use a wetted alum bar on your face after you shave? If not, I humbly suggest giving it a try.

Does this take the place of aftershave lotion?

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post