SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Washed my wallet.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washed my wallet. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
I haven't done that in over two decades, but I got caught in a downpour with 5 minutes left of mowing. Finished the mowing, took everything out of my pockets (except wallet), stripped at front door, and started a load of laundry. As soon as I heard it start agitating, I realized what I had done. Hopefully the wallet will be OK, I wiped it down and have it sitting on top of an A/C vent to dry now. Thank goodness when I renewed my CHP (CCW for non-VA people) they had switched from paper to plastic, so I don't have to deal with that at least. The only thing I cared about that I lost was the receipt for our marriage license which I carried around with me for good luck (and because I hadn't taken the time to put with our other marriage stuff).

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Don't feel too bad, my brother in law recently washed his iPhone.

Cost him $500 for a USED iPhone to replace it.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey don't feel bad. I have done the same. I also washed my trunk during the 8 inches of rain from Tropical Storm Cristobal. Somehow the the key fob in my pocket must opened it. It took about four gallons of rainwater. Luckily I had a rubber mat that caught most of it. I got it to the dealership ahead of the submerged cars and got it shampooed and treated. Stuff happens.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I washed mine, noticed it after putting everything in the dryer, full cycle.

Posts: 739 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Washed my wallet.

Money laundering

Posts: 27928 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Washed my wallet.

Money laundering

That's a crime too.

OP needs to send us hush money now. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently washed my Airpods. Just stupid carelessness on my part.

I found them in the bottom of the washtub as I was moving the wash to the dryer.

I despaired of them ever working again, but put them in a bag with desiccant and, two days later, charged them up and the next day-THEY WORKED!

Still going after three weeks-I think I dodged a $250 bullet.

Uhhh, I've washed my wallet, too. More stupid carelessness.

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I did that three or four times in the past. The best part is not catching it until your pants are in the clothes dryer and you hear this muffled thumping sound...

Posts: 107503 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well wallet dried out, didn't fall apart or anything, but instead of looking like it three years old looks like it's ten years old. Wipes it down with some leather cleaner (car stuff is all I had), made a small improvement. Probably has another year of life left in it, so I can take my time replacing it.

Not the biggest crisis in the world, but still kind of annoying. I usually have a process where nothing goes into the laundry bin until thoroughly checked given with my job there may be metal chunks or screws in there. My rush to get the wet clothes off is what got me. Better than washing my phone I guess.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have done it myself on a couple occasions. I think I even washed a phone once.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I washed a Keltec P3AT. It's a long story. And no, it didn't work just fine afterwards.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post