SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Taurus!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taurus!!! Login/Join 
posted
OK, before the flames start, I actually like (liked) my Millennium Pro .45 as an EDC. It shot well, never jammed and was fun.

I was informed a few months ago that my gun was involved in the class action settlement and I needed to send to them for repair, which I did back in December.

Now, after 2.5 months I am told it is defective and is not repairable and they are sending me a
PT-111 G2 in 9mm and tough shit, that is what i am getting.

On one hand I am getting a brand new gun but on the pother I am really pissed that they are replacing my only .45 with a 9mm which I really do not want

Now I have to go buy a .45!!!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:

Awwwww...poor baby... Big Grin

I don't need another .45, my P220 is poifeck.

Still, I have the occasional dream about da evil Count Glockula after shooting my Grandson's.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

Awwwww...poor baby... Big Grin

I don't need another .45, my P220 is poifeck.

Still, I have the occasional dream about da evil Count Glockula after shooting my Grandson's.

Yes, normally a good problem but not one I can throw money at right now

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Changing the chambering of the replacement = NOT cool. They should be replacing the pistol with a comparable 45acp. That’s lame customer service.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Changing the chambering of the replacement = NOT cool. They should be replacing the pistol with a comparable 45acp. That’s lame customer service.

They claim they only have 9mm's to give out as the .40 and .45 have been discontinued and of course, because mine was deemed defective getting or returned is off the table.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I really hate that for you. Frown. I had a bad experience with Taurus many years ago and have kept away from them since.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I really hate that for you. Frown. I had a bad experience with Taurus many years ago and have kept away from them since.

I never really would have looked at their guns but a buddy had picked up a PT145 and I really liked the way it shot and that it had a 10 round mag. I was at Sportsmens Warehouse one day and they had the display model marked down dies to some handling scuffs, I got a pretty good deal on it and it was a decent gun.

I have nothing against the PT-111 although I have never shot one but it chaps my ass that they are basically just telling me this is what you are getting so shut up.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks like they only offer it in 9mm or 40.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ibexsig
posted Hide Post
Wait...I have this exact gun in .45 sitting in my safe. I had no idea it was on recall. I even filled out the warranty card when I bought the thing. Hmmmmm.. have to look into this.

Posts: 315 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well OP got something out of the deal. A new Taurus handgun he can sell, if he so chooses.

The Taurus handguns I sold years ago got me mere pennies on the dollar. One was a Millennium Pro 745, other was a 740-9. I believe both now discontinued.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh boy, one more log on the fire, guess who has to pay the FFL fee bacause Taurus has no arangements made with dealers.....They claim they will send me a check if I send them my receipt but I wont hold my breath.

So in summary; I am losing a .45ACP that I actually liked and gaining a new 9mm which, although new, I am not excited about and I still have to come out of pocket!

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I think my avg now is sending 1 of every 9 PT111's sold back to Taurus for repair

and they are a PITA to get in touch with ,,,,,,

long phone wait, chat not always working

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
I think my avg now is sending 1 of every 9 PT111's sold back to Taurus for repair

I know they are overhwhelmed by this recall thing but yeah, I have taken to calling and just leaving phone for an hour plus plus.

I am sure the PT-111 will be fine for what it is and it is a new two tone they are sending me...I would have been a lot happier if the .40 was an option but they said that is discontinued?

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

I know they are overhwhelmed by this recall thing but yeah, I have taken to calling and just leaving phone for an hour plus plus.

I am sure the PT-111 will be fine for what it is and it is a new two tone they are sending me...I would have been a lot happier if the .40 was an option but they said that is discontinued?

it is a nice little pistol,

just very prone to not working

(I'm in the business, and have sent more Taurus' (tauri?) back for repair than any other brand, )

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh boy, one more log on the fire, guess who has to pay the FFL fee bacause Taurus has no arangements made with dealers.....They claim they will send me a check if I send them my receipt but I wont hold my breath.

So in summary; I am losing a .45ACP that I actually liked and gaining a new 9mm which, although new, I am not excited about and I still have to come out of pocket!

Maybe your ffl will let you trade the new 9mm Taurus in on a .45 of some kind that he has in stock, without making you pay the transfer fee. Long shot, but worth a try.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:

Maybe your ffl will let you trade the new 9mm Taurus in on a .45 of some kind that he has in stock, without making you pay the transfer fee. Long shot, but worth a try.

I was actually thinking about that and was going to call today and ask them as that would be a win/win

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I just found d this thread. I have a PT 111 that broke. I'm on the phone on hold with them now.

I wonder if it's too late for the recall and if they will fix my pistol or replace it?

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If they won't replace the .45 ACP pistol with one in the same caliber, will they send you a check for the MSRP price of that pistol, instead of sending you a different caliber?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
They’re sending me a brand new G2C. I just gotta send my PT111 back to them. I’m pretty happy about it. I may just keep it BNIB for one of the kids. I guess I could always sell it for some cash towards a Trijicon RMR.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I have the G2C and the G2S. They are nice for the price. I have replaced the guide rod and striker guide in each for stainless steel ones. They didn't break, I just wasn't comfortable with the one they came with. The newest model is the G3C.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post