SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Taurus!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taurus!!! Login/Join 
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Bull!!! (Descriptive thread titles, please.)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
I have two Taurus Millennium pistols,PT111 G2 9mm & PT140 G2 40 I swear i must be the only lucky Taurus owner because i'm happy with all my Taurus firearms. My revolvers are 605 2",65 & 66, 4"

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifithitu:
I have two Taurus Millennium pistols,PT111 G2 9mm & PT140 G2 40 I swear i must be the only lucky Taurus owner because i'm happy with all my Taurus firearms. My revolvers are 605 2",65 & 66, 4"

You're not the only one.

I have a PT92 and a PT957 That have nothing but reliable for the 20 or so years I've owned them.

And yes I've shot the shit out of both of them.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck finding 9MM ammo!!! Lots of us went from 40's to 9MM because the ammo was plentiful and cheap, now the reverse is true!!! Even at the PD we went from .40 to 9mm. Not so much because of cost, but the new 9mm is loaded so close to .40, it's a wash. The 9 gave us a few more rounds.

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

We had those at the PD before we went to all Explorers. Talk about cramped!!!

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I do empathize with you Kevmo for the involuntary caliber change. You might be able to read into my handle that I like the .45 ACP pretty well myself.

That said, I'm glad for you that they're at least owning it. I had a Colt 1911 that developed a crack between the rail and the slide stop hole on the left side. When I called them about repair/replace, they said tough luck, we can check on the replacement cost but it will be at least $400+. So, I still have it, can't sell it, and am a bit reluctant to shoot it much. Frown [Channels Bill Clinton:] I feel your pain, Kevmo...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just curious, if you send them a gun you own under the pretext it will be repaired, and they wont give it back, didn't they steal it ?
Isn't stealing a handgun a felony ?
Can a auto manufacturer do the same thing with a car ?
Can any seller of any product you own,take it back without your consent ?

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What they are doing is basically warranty work. Gun broke, gun replaced. It should be delivered to your door, signature required, just like any warranty work. Taurus sucks.

Posts: 7345 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
What they are doing is basically warranty work. Gun broke, gun replaced. It should be delivered to your door, signature required, just like any warranty work. Taurus sucks.

Warranty work and replacing firearm are two different things. If they just fixed it then cool your getting same serial shipped back to your house. Anytime they have to send replacement firearm it goes through FFL because new serials.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifithitu:

in 2016/2017 Taurus would run deals on pistols,

we were selling PT iii's for $179-219 each ,

selling a ton of them,

at one time, 1 out of every 10 sold had to be returned to the factory , most (almost all) just stopped working (trigger or striker issues)

thing have improved a great deal since then,
they still go on sale, and rarely have to be sent in for repair,

the older 92/99 pistols, and the few based on that design, work like champs

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post