SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    So now the complaints/excuses start
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
So now the complaints/excuses start Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted
NFL player loses part of his hand to fireworks.

Seems to be blaming the fireworks rather that his lighting them off in his hand!

Kind of like those who insist on blaming the guns for the violence.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/...h-graphic-photo.html

I am, admittedly, an official old fart, but I remember back when I was a kid. We knew that holding firecrackers in our hand while lighting the fuses was not smart.


Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!



The Idaho Elk Hunter
 
Posts: 23300 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
This happened in 2015, and from what I read he's warning others to take care or this could happen. He's made a remarkable comeback from the injury to continue playing in the NFL.




Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.
 
Posts: 3093 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
This is a three year old story.




Don't believe everything you think.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
 
Posts: 1024 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
JPP in 2015. Old.
 
Posts: 2216 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
This is a three year old story.


You didn't read the story. The injury is three years old. The story linked is about him telling people to be careful with fireworks and was posted to Fox News 19 hours ago.



Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others
 
Posts: 12086 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
This is a three year old story.


You didn't read the story. The injury is three years old. The story linked is about him telling people to be careful with fireworks and was posted to Fox News 19 hours ago.


Yes this is the exact opposite of complaining.

This is a man offering to hold himself up as an object lesson, telling the world 'do not do the stupid things I did, it can hurt'.
 
Posts: 2249 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
NFL player loses part of his hand to fireworks.

Seems to be blaming the fireworks rather that his lighting them off in his hand!

Kind of like those who insist on blaming the guns for the violence.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/...h-graphic-photo.html

I am, admittedly, an official old fart, but I remember back when I was a kid. We knew that holding firecrackers in our hand while lighting the fuses was not smart.
Would you care to quote exactly where he blames the fireworks? I read everything in the link you provided, twice, and don't see anywhere where he either explicitly, or implicitly, blames the fireworks. So how about you point it out to us?


___________________________________________
"He was never hindered by any dogma, except the Constitution." - Ty Ross speaking of his grandfather General Barry Goldwater

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman
 
Posts: 12251 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Dayum Big Grin Another senior moment right Elk? I suffer from them now and again myself! LOL



Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
COTEP #192
 
Posts: 8697 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
NFL player loses part of his hand to fireworks.

Seems to be blaming the fireworks rather that his lighting them off in his hand!

Kind of like those who insist on blaming the guns for the violence.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/...h-graphic-photo.html

I am, admittedly, an official old fart, but I remember back when I was a kid. We knew that holding firecrackers in our hand while lighting the fuses was not smart.
Would you care to quote exactly where he blames the fireworks? I read everything in the link you provided, twice, and don't see anywhere where he either explicitly, or implicitly, blames the fireworks. So how about you point it out to us?


People see what they want to see.




Georgia Carry Member Calguns Foundation Member Second Amendment Foundation Member NRA Lifetime Member

Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets. -bionic218 04-02-2014

 
Posts: 12724 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
NFL player loses part of his hand to fireworks.

Seems to be blaming the fireworks rather that his lighting them off in his hand!

Kind of like those who insist on blaming the guns for the violence.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/...h-graphic-photo.html

I am, admittedly, an official old fart, but I remember back when I was a kid. We knew that holding firecrackers in our hand while lighting the fuses was not smart.
Would you care to quote exactly where he blames the fireworks? I read everything in the link you provided, twice, and don't see anywhere where he either explicitly, or implicitly, blames the fireworks. So how about you point it out to us?


People see what they want to see.
People should take the time to see the truth, rather than simply invent lies in their own head. Howver, I doubt he'll come back and admit his claims, including the thread title, were completely fake.


___________________________________________
"He was never hindered by any dogma, except the Constitution." - Ty Ross speaking of his grandfather General Barry Goldwater

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman
 
Posts: 12251 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Ops normal then.

Enraged, Incorrect, Invisible.
 
Posts: 39238 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Ops normal then.

Enraged, Incorrect, Invisible.
Good. I thought I might be the only one who noticed that pattern of behavior.


___________________________________________
"He was never hindered by any dogma, except the Constitution." - Ty Ross speaking of his grandfather General Barry Goldwater

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman
 
Posts: 12251 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
How the hell do you come up with him blaming the fireworks? Silly talk.


______________________
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
CCW Instructor
Semper Fi
 
Posts: 3145 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
So the OP certainly "quit" this thread, and wasn't "too old to run" away from it after he quit.

Wink


___________________________________________
"He was never hindered by any dogma, except the Constitution." - Ty Ross speaking of his grandfather General Barry Goldwater

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman
 
Posts: 12251 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
No, I am not running away. Have been out of town for a while, and do not normally do much on "what's your deal.

My apologies to the forum for not doing more research before posting this topic.


Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!



The Idaho Elk Hunter
 
Posts: 23300 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Research? This has nothing to do with lack of research. You were dishonest about the contents of the article you linked to in the opening post. No amount of research was required, simple honesty on your part was the thing lacking.

Whether or not you "do much on "what's your deal."" is certainly debatable: http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...Type=1&search=Search


___________________________________________
"He was never hindered by any dogma, except the Constitution." - Ty Ross speaking of his grandfather General Barry Goldwater

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman
 
Posts: 12251 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    So now the complaints/excuses start

© SIGforum 2018