SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Could we please put rants here rather than in the Lounge?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could we please put rants here rather than in the Lounge? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
Does the post read differently if it is in the wrong sub forum ? Relax Smile

In that case, I’ll start posting classifieds and pistol questions in the lounge.

Exactly.

I was poking fun at the OP because I know his plea/rant will be utterly futile. The fact Para set up separate sub-forums for separate types of discussions simply escapes some (many?) people entirely. (The most frequent offenses being things that more properly belong in What's Your Deal! or The Lair ending up in The Lounge.)

Hell, even directives from Para, himself, stated in unmistakable terms, often repeatedly, go ignored.

But that doesn't change the fact that bitching really does belong here and "...[discussions of] common interests--Film, literature, music and hobbies" are more properly conducted in The Lair.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

I’ll start posting classifieds and pistol questions in the lounge.
You'll probably get away with pistol questions in the lounge, unless somebody whines to the admins, but classifieds won't last very long there.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Since it's a rant the op is in the correct forum. Since everyone reading it is aware of this forum it's arguable the op is in the wrong forum.
A catch 22 if you will.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
define a rant

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

define a rant
I don't know how to define it, but I know it when I see it. (Does that sound familiar?)

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I think the simplest definition of a rant is a statement of displeasure that cannot be disputed. We all have them. No one can take away the feeling of the person making the rant, or the cause triggering the feeling.

Simple example -- tortilla chips break when I load them with salsa, which displeases me. I posted a rant years ago joking that there ought to be a federal law for tortilla chip strength.

One can agree or empathize with a rant. One can dismiss a rant as being a character flaw, or an unreasonable expectation. But, the rant itself remains undisputable.

To me, the Lounge is for topics that offer a chance to converse, to dialog, to seek understanding. Here, there can be disagreement or dispute, yet in the hope that through dialog we reach greater awareness and understanding.

And, I am obviously NOT in charge, only ranting.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I post rants here someimes.

Doesn't anyone ever listen ?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post