SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    GM you’ve pissed me off with this Suburban!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GM you’ve pissed me off with this Suburban!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Wife’s 2015 Suburban bought in January with 55k miles currently has 59k and is a Certfied Preowned 12 month bumper to bumper warranty!

So far one seat heater has been replaced, oil pan was replaced.

Rear window defroster quit working due to bad connections (not covered under warranty).

Two weeks ago had a floorboard full of water and they replaced the GPS antenna.
Leaked Saturday (first rain since replacement). Took it to the dealer and said I have the same issue. Claims that GM denied their reimbursement for that fix.
Today they claim the Windshield is leaking and they don’t do glass work.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
bad connections (not covered under warranty).

Well if the connection is beyond the bumpers you know.

That's just nuts.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Definitely call Chevy CS 1 (800) 222-1020

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
This place is great!
Less than 15 minutes after posting this I had a call on my cellphone from the owner of the dealer ship.
It will be fixed just not today as they are getting a glass guy to handle it.

The connections this place is beyond belief!

————————————————

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Is it possible it came from a state where it was deemed a "salvage" title (like from flooding or other event non-crash related) then resold in your state under a normal title?

(Won't be the first time that has happened.)

Or, the car was bought back as a lemon before the original owner took GM to court and won, thereby having the vehicle titled as a "Lemon"?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
GM you’ve pissed me off

I don't buy GM anymore. By far the least reliable vehicles I have had over the years were from GM.

I've owned Ford, GM, Chrysler, Mazda and Toyota's and GM is the bottom of the list for reliability.

Sorry for your troubles but glad to hear you got some help.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Is it a 1500 or 2500 Suburban?

Posts: 2155 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave up on GM products years ago. Too much electrical stuff goes bad too quickly. I swore off of them years ago. Said that I would never own another one. However A few years later my wife found one she really liked.

I assisted her with the trade negotiations but refused to have my name on the title. Not long after the 36,000 mile warranty expired, switches started failing beginning with power windows. New switches worked for awhile. Then same thing.

After other repair issues, the engine started using oil at a high rate. Turns out that there was an “advisory notice” sent to dealers regarding excess oil consumption. Apparently that is a notification that is not deemed to be at the recall level. Our VIN number did not qualify for repair. Obviously was experiencing the same advisory issue.

After another drive train issue, my wife had experienced enough. No more General Motors for her either.

Ford, Subaru, Toyota in our driveway now. No more GM!!!! YMMV Best of luck.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Is it possible it came from a state where it was deemed a "salvage" title (like from flooding or other event non-crash related) then resold in your state under a normal title?

(Won't be the first time that has happened.)

Or, the car was bought back as a lemon before the original owner took GM to court and won, thereby having the vehicle titled as a "Lemon"?

Anything is possibly but unlikely. I don’t buy vehicles that are heavily documented. I drove 3 hours after looking for nearly 3 months as my wife had very specific requests.
I have the records from the dealership and they did all the maintenance except for one oil change done elsewhere.
Dealer claims it was a local trade fella buys a new Tahoe or Suburban every 4 years. Carfax (yes I know not the end all) backed up the one owner claim as well as the maintenance performed at that dealership.
It was out of the warranty or even lemon law possibility according to the date an records and unless the Carfax and other records were falsified it did not sit anywhere without getting some mileage on it.

quote:
Originally posted by Ace31:
Is it a 1500 or 2500 Suburban?

As for GM our family has had a ton of them without any major issues. My grandparents had a 96 Caprice that was a lemon vehicle was bought in May I believe and had to have the A/C system replaced 3 times in 2 months. GM got them in the nearly identical Caprice in no time with no haggle or issues.
I have a 20 year old Silverado out in the driveway that aside from rust and normal age related issues has been a beast.

My wife loves the Suburban. I won’t buy one for myself as I loathe the cylinder deactivation.

The owner called back and said their glass guy could not be there until next week not the best answer but better than the take it someplace yourself.

I went to pick it up and was informed it will be fixed tomorrow.

I guess two weeks ago they just tossed a new antenna on it because it is a common problem. Now that it is leaking still they decided to actually find the source.

I know that I did not buy it from this dealership (though I tried to have them find me one but like I said my wife was very particular in what she wanted) but the CPO warranty is GM wide and I was assured by the dealer I purchased from that any GM dealership would handle it without issue.

So hopefully all goes well with the fix tomorrow. In a couple weeks I will be in the market for used F150 or Tundra and I will give them a shot at sourcing me one.

————————————————

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
GM takes their CPO program and warranty seriously, you shouldn't have any problems with fixes

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Did you buy the "Range" AFM ? Yesterday I ordered one for my Silverado after thinking about your post a few months ago on it. I am tired of the switching between 4 and 8 cylinders.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
They’re known as Garbage Motors for a reason.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I was a GM man for most of my adult life.

Gave up on them when they couldn't produce a pickup that didn't rust while you stood there and watched.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the problem with CPO warranties or manufacturer warranties in general. The entire "flat rate" mechanic pay scale screws those guys on warranty repairs. Dealership mechanics hate warranty repairs because they don't pay shit compared to non-warranty work. When you bring in your car for a warranty repair they are trying to get you in and out as quick as possible and not spend anymore time than absolutely necessary. Don't expect any troubleshooting or quality work that is for damn sure. Nine times out of ten you are not getting their best mechanic but the lowest guy on the totem pole because the experienced guys don't want anything to do with it.

The flat rate system promotes corner cutting and overall terrible maintenance practices. From what I have heard it's even worse with the Big 3 compared to foreign dealers. I can't believe they can find anyone willing to work in that career field.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally ponted by PowerSurge:
They’re known as Garbage Motors for a reason.

and FORD is known as"Fix or repair daily' or my favorite "Found on the road..DEAD"

NRA Life Member

Posts: 240 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I took out GMC Acadia which is a lease in for A/C repair last week. The sales floor is closed, but the repair shop is still open. Only 2 vehicles being repaired. A few mechanics wearing their face masks waiting for work. In and out in an hour.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
My experience has been the opposite. I currently have three GM trucks:

1995 C2500 202,000
1999 Tahoe 167,000
2004 K1500 298,000

All of these miles are mostly trouble free, although I think the lockup solenoid needs a look in the Tahoe. Not a spot of rust on any except the 1995 has surface rust on the top of the cab where the paint has oxidized. I’ll paint it with some John Deere green and a brush this summer.

My brother’s 1996 suburban is well over 300,000 miles. My son-in-law’s Ford, with the 5.4 Triton is a real piece of work. What a mess. My 1974 F250 has a lot of rust, but I’m not going to hold that against Ford. I bet my 1935 Ford would also rust if it ever left the garage.

I’ve come to believe that most trucks are basically the same, with a different set of problems with each one. It really comes down to preference of what problems you are willing to deal with.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

I’ve come to believe that most trucks are basically the same, with a different set of problems with each one. It really comes down to preference of what problems you are willing to deal with.

That's true.

There's also the fact that Utah is a little less susceptible to salt air for sure and I suspect a little less salty slush on the roads in the Winter. Big Grin

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

That’s why I stopped buying from the big 3. Their customers are used to having problems and think it is the norm. And I used to be one of them.

They made me a Toyota buyer.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

That’s why I stopped buying from the big 3. Their customers are used to having problems and think it is the norm. And I used to be one of them.

They made me a Toyota buyer.

Ding, ding, ding...That's what I'm driving, car and pickup. Completely satisfied so far. Car is a '12 Corolla, truck is a '13 Tundra and I expect to keep both until the wheels fall off, or I give up my license.

EDIT: Might upgrade the Corolla, it's getting harder every year to get my gimpy old ass in and out of it. Probably an SUV of some sort. Something taller in any event.