SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Prednisone
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prednisone Login/Join 
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Made my wife preggers. Nearly killed my dad soon after it cured him.

Shits not to be trifled with

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5145 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Quercetin

You can find Quercetin at most health stores.
I have used the Vitamin Shoppe and LEF products:

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/...-60-capsules/vs-1242

http://www.lifeextension.com/V.../Optimized-Quercetin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel very lucky. I get almost zero bad side effects from it and it does the job of controlling occasional bouts of bronchitis very well. For me it is pretty much a cheap miracle drug.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished my methlypred pack last week, along with back to back 10 day supplies of antibiotics for sinus infection.

Posts: 348 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I feel very lucky. I get almost zero bad side effects from it and it does the job of controlling occasional bouts of bronchitis very well. For me it is pretty much a cheap miracle drug.

It was that way for me for years. Then as I got older, it started taking more of a toll on me.

Posts: 6297 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swani:
Just came off that crap for a bad sinus infection. Bad medicine for me raised my blood pressure and had palpitations

It will also screw with your blood sugar big time. I have Emphysema and COPD and every time I get a bad flair up or an upper respritory infection they want to put me on it but for the most part I will refuse it.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hang in there. Right after my transplant they had me on 80 mg and man I was seeing some sights. Weird stuff on the walls. Would kind of sleep with my eyes open.
Now I just have a low daily dose to keep my immune system lowered.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syngin1066:
He didn’t sleep worth a damn though.

I'm right on track with that!

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I had an epidural steroid injection and didn't sleep at all that night--got into my system.
The good thing is you should be on a rapid taper so it should be over with soon.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
Made my wife preggers...

OK, I've waited long enough -- please explain? Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9142 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I developed Poly Myalgia Rheumatica an arthritic illness. When it first hits you it feels like going from 65 to 90 years old overnight. I was so stiff I could hardly move or stand upright.

My doctor ordered Prednisone the first dose made me feel cured. Almost miraculous, sadly this is not the case. I will have the Myalgia for life. The Rheumatologist has me slowly tapering down the prednisone and I am currently taking 3mg's per day along with 7.5 mg's of meloxicam.
Prednisone can cause bone density issues in men after taking it for over 6 months time at a dose level of 7mg's per day or higher. Under that amount they rarely see bone density issues in men.
I am going for my first bone density scan this Friday to see what my bone density looks like. According to the Rheuma Doc it is far less common for men than women to have bone density issues. So I'll see what happens Friday. Apparently Prednisone is like a miracle drug for Myalgia and the only one found to help reduce the effects of Myalgia. As others have already said there are certainly other side effects. I did eat more at higher doses and became slightly more aggressive in nature. Others have different side effects, it is what it is.

Posts: 137 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: February 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
over with soon.

Two more days. (Whew!)
My biggest beef with it now is the taste, if I accidentally let it touch the tongue on its way down the pipe. Yuck!

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
Made my wife preggers...

OK, I've waited long enough -- please explain? Big Grin

Dr prescribed it years ago when we were not getting the job done. She took a round and next time we checked she was pregnant.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5145 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing! Who'da thought?

Most of the people I know who took it, said it reduced their sex drive a lot. Definitely true with my girlfriend, and a woman I worked with said the only time she had sex when she was using Pred was when her husband insisted.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9142 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post