SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Texas Roadhouse
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Roadhouse Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

I am the same way, I only buy Prime steaks and usually get them ridiculously cheap at Costco when they're trying to push certain cuts (usually either NY strip or Ribeye), have bought the whole slab or either for $10lb or less for Prime.

Do they have sales on a seasonal/holiday basis? What do you mean when they are trying to push certain cuts?

If you have any suggestions on the way to get the best cuts which will result in the best steaks, I would be grateful for some specifics so I know what to look for.

Thank you for your help.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:

I am the same way, I only buy Prime steaks and usually get them ridiculously cheap at Costco when they're trying to push certain cuts (usually either NY strip or Ribeye), have bought the whole slab or either for $10lb or less for Prime.

Do they have sales on a seasonal/holiday basis? What do you mean when they are trying to push certain cuts?

If you have any suggestions on the way to get the best cuts which will result in the best steaks, I would be grateful for some specifics so I know what to look for.

Thank you for your help.

Beef is priced on supply and demand. They basically price various cuts so that the entire cows sell. It's just seasonal, I go in Costco once a month to shop and just browse the prices of Prime and not prime for the whole section/slab (NY Strip, Rib Eye) etc. Generally Filet Mignon (tenderloin) is never cheap (maybe once a year). But every couple of months either Ny Strip or Rib Eye (prime) is at or below $10 a pound...I've seen prime sirloin at $6.99lb in the last year….. last one I bought was NY Strip at $8.99lb. Costco's meat quality is very good, but you can never go wrong with Prime. Some of it might be seasonal as around Christmas Ribeyes very popular for Christmas, so NY strip might have less demand.

Like here's a local grocery chain to me, they have 5 grocery stores that cater to Italian foods. They have prime Sirloin steaks at $6.99 right now, and $13.99lb for Prime NY Strip but individual steaks. (But I've just been buying beef at Costco the past 2 years)
https://dorismarket.com/specials/weekly-ads/

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beef is priced on supply and demand. They basically price various cuts so that the entire cows sell. It's just seasonal, I go in Costco once a month to shop and just browse the prices of Prime and not prime for the whole section/slab (NY Strip, Rib Eye) etc. Generally Filet Mignon (tenderloin) is never cheap (maybe once a year). But every couple of months either Ny Strip or Rib Eye (prime) is at or below $10 a pound...I've seen prime sirloin at $6.99lb in the last year….. last one I bought was NY Strip at $8.99lb. Costco's meat quality is very good, but you can never go wrong with Prime. Some of it might be seasonal as around Christmas Ribeyes very popular for Christmas, so NY strip might have less demand.

Like here's a local grocery chain to me, they have 5 grocery stores that cater to Italian foods. They have prime Sirloin steaks at $6.99 right now, and $13.99lb for Prime NY Strip but individual steaks. (But I've just been buying beef at Costco the past 2 years)
https://dorismarket.com/specials/weekly-ads/

Thank you, jimmy123x.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have one about 15 miles from us. The food is actually pretty good. The crowd it draws is questionable, so we avoid it.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roustabout:
Noisy eating estabishments with mediocre food just don’t appeal to me anymore. I agree with Skins2881 and jimmy123x about sticking with home cooked steak. Prime cuts of beef are the way to go. As for chicken fried steak, there’s only one place to get a good one, and that’s at Mary’s Cafe in Strawn, Texas.

My Dad lives 30 miles from Strawn, Mary's is worth the 250 mile trip for me when I visit him. I love Prime grade beef, but I have also learned J can make a great tasting Choice grade steak at home om my big green egg.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1887 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
Must be a bad restaurant because the local one I frequent has an excellent bone in rib-eye. I order online and pickup to enjoy at home.
I was actually surprised the first time I ate there. It was excellent and cooked to perfection (medium rare).

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post