SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Texas Roadhouse
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Roadhouse Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Well, they're from NYC or someplace, not Texas...

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Started in southern Indiana, HQ is in Louisville, KY. Not Texas, but damn sure not NYC.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aside from being noisy, we've always enjoyed Texas Roadhouse, especially those delicious rolls they keep bringing (and then we bring home). We go to the one in Davenport IA all the time, never had an issue. We've also been to the Hagerstown MD one a few times, no problems at all.

We've learned to avoid the place Fri or Sat evenings. Or eat at 4PM. We also avoid Wild West Wednesdays.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quit going to ours , here rude customers , less than acceptable waiters, loud ,noisy atmosphere,

if all else was good ,the prices would have been fine, but , as is
NOT ! worth it at all

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
I think their prime rib is great

I have a few places which I go to for the prime rib, and this is one of them.

However, they are not consistent across the board. Only one of their locations has always been good for me. One is hit and miss, and another has been bad every time I have been there.

All of them are always busy.

FYI the one near me changed to only doing prime rib on the weekends as I sadly learned one Wednesday evening.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I stopped going there many years ago.

We used to go every Sunday and I never had a decent meal there. The steaks every damn time were nothing but gristle filled awfulness.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I have to eat out often (travel for work) and have come to the realization that 90% of Americans don't know how to cook themselves a decent or better meal.

I agree. Not to mention that many people like Olive Garden and their microwaved/heated meals.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I've only eaten at two local Texas Roadhouse restaurants, but have eaten at both several times. I've never tried any other entree other than a custom cut sirloin...and each and every time it has been cooked to order (medium rare) and absolutely delicious! I've also tried fork fulls of some of the other entrees they serve with some of my dining companions, Salmon, rib eye, kabobs...they have ALL been delicious. We frequently give family member and friends their choice of where they would like to go for their birthday dinner, and while not always chosen, Texas Roadhouse is one of the more common choices by them.

Informal but friendly and professional servers have made our meals that much more enjoyable.

It may not be the best steak I've eaten, you may need to go to a chop house or higher end steak house with servers that have towels draped over their arms while wearing semi-formal outfits...but in my experience it has been a consistently great steak and dining experience.

TR is a loud environment. Although I no longer do this, there was a time when after I took a new job I treated myself to a TR steak once a pay period. If I couldn't find anyone to eat with or just felt like eating at home I use to call and order a steak, then just show up and pick it up and take it home and eat it.

I just assumed that all Texas Roadhouses were as great as mine, but I see now that it is more hit or miss...which is a shame because they really are a nice place to get a good steak dinner at my local ones.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I've never had an entree at Texas Roadhouse, after 47 hot rolls with butter and half a salad I'm done...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:

Started in southern Indiana, HQ is in Louisville, KY. Not Texas, but damn sure not NYC.

LOL, it was a reference to an old commercial I was hoping someone would pick up on!

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:

LOL, it was a reference to an old commercial I was hoping someone would pick up on!

Shit! I remember those too.

Good setup. Went over my head Mad

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
There is one near me. I thought the food was mediocre to fair, at best.

The atmosphere was full-on obnoxious white trash. (Which is, of course, location dependent.)

I didn't like the crowded layout.

We went twice, maybe three times, and found the same each time we went, so we dropped it from the list of possibles.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two Texas Roadhouse joints in Tucson. One with good meats, one with not so good steaks.

But the peanuts are always good.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
Well, you all must be going to the wrong Texas Roadhouse.

Our favorite restaurant is the Texas Roadhouse in Newnan, Ga.

We have never experienced any of the issues described in this thread.

Are you sure you're not talking about Longhorn? Smile

P.S. The Texas Roadhouse in Gatlinburg was very poor. Won't go back to that one again.

I agree Longhorns sucks and it’s not cheap. I don’t really like steaks at Texas Roadhouse, but I do like their pulled pork and their chicken strips (even though they used to be better). I don’t go to a sports bar type place for peace and quiet so that isn’t really an issue for me that it’s loud. Overall I enjoy Texas Roadhouse for its price

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
The consistently good version was a regular stop of ours until we had our youngest. She has a peanut allergy so we can no longer go there as a family.

On occasion we will get it as take out to bring home. Otherwise I'm limited to when I'm with employees or alone with my son.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Two Texas Roadhouse joints in Tucson. One with good meats, one with not so good steaks.

But the peanuts are always good.

Whenever we are in Tucson we go to the Texas Roadhouse I believe it’s on Irvington? I like to eat dinner at the bar when it’s just me and my brother and the 2 guys behind the bar there are a very good team.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
I guess it depends on the management for quality control. Our local Texas Roadhouse is a decent place for a Friday night meal. Great waitstaff, the food is good, prices are fair. It’s not a gourmet steakhouse, but they don’t charge gourmet prices either. They have a grilled portobello chicken dish that will probably be in my not to far away future. Paired with a tall draft Yuengling, it will make for a nice evening.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1351 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Texas Roadhouse “is so crowded nobody goes there anymore”.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I have a friend, member here, that loves this chain. I finally was talked into going, I'll not be going back. The beef was OK, it was way over salted, though. Fortunately. we have enough good, local places to eat that I don't need to go to these type places.

Win

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
My local one has been great. the one time they over cooked it I got a second one brought to me and a gift certificate for a free meal. Ours is usually great.

my only gripes.
meat is a little over salted.
loud even without the line dancing and birthday announcments!!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post