SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Gunbroker seller shipping wait question.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunbroker seller shipping wait question. Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
Lets say I bought a Colt upper that was un stock exactly 3 weeks ago and paid for it within munutes . I called the seller after 5 days and he said it would ship tbe next day. Two days later I received a message saying it would ship in 1 to 3 days. A week goes by and no tracking number so I contact the seller and he says he has supply issues and I reply that you sold me an in stock item and he simply replies that I am right and its in stock. Another week goes by and nothing, so I message him 9 hours ago asking if he intented on shipping and no answer yet. Am I out of line wondering if he is using me for an interest free loan? He has over 150 positive feedbacks.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Based on what you wrote, this moron deserves a NEGATIVE feedback. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but I would wait to get either a refund or the merchandise before posting the negative feedback. If he doesn’t come through in the next few days, I’d be talking to Gunbroker and my credit card company, if one was used for payment.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
GB's feedback system is ineffective

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lee40215
posted Hide Post
If you paid with a cc go ahead and file a dispute might get the sellers attention a little faster

Posts: 1097 | Location: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: August 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
The times they are a-changing. If an item is in stock, there is really no good excuse not to have it out within a couple of business days. All the top vendors these days pretty much have your order out same day you order it, some even with same day delivery. Heck, we joke about Top Gun Supply on here because it feels like the delivery guys are knocking on your door at the same time you click submit on the order.

It would be different if it was back ordered and that was communicated and you ordered anyway, but the vendor you are dealing with sounds like he's blowing smoke up your ass. Poor communication is the cardinal sin of customer service as far as I'm concerned. I'm very understanding if there is a problem, but don't continually promise and then fail to deliver.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
This morning I had an email waiting from the seller telling me my order has shipped. He sent the email last night at 10:44 pm. It had a link to a UPS tracking number. The order is ready for UPS. I don't know if UPS picks up or he drops it off. If it is the latter, he may have generated a label and who knows when the item goes to UPS. If it does leave, the next question will be, what is really in the box!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Be patient, be kind, be polite, and then tear him a new one on the feedback system. Not that it'll matter a hill o' beans on GB, though. They (IMO) are much more interested in making the $$ from the vendors than bringing the wood for vendor screwups.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Another question, if a seller initiates a shipping label with UPS and does not drop the package off, will UPS kick it out of the system eventually?

Beth Greene

Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Another question, if a seller initiates a shipping label with UPS and does not drop the package off, will UPS kick it out of the system eventually?

In my experience, yes.
Although I don't purchase on GB, I often receive an email from a vendor that has a tracking number when no tracking information is available on the delivery companies site.
Most often, the tracking information becomes available the next day, although I have had to wait several days in a couple of instances.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:

As noted the answer is yes, but it will take quite some time. If you don't see that item moving toward you via tracking today I'd be filing a dispute on card. You can't wait too much longer, depending on where you card billing cycle fell, or you may run outside of window to dispute depending on terms.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
As it boils down, he finally shipped it and it arrives tomorrow. I had to change the delivery to will call because I can't guarunte that I will be home tomorrow. I took Monday off when it was scheduled to be delivered, but he waited 4 days after creating the label to actually ship it. The delivery date according to his shipping software was Monday. When it arrives at the hub will be 4 weeks for an in stock item that I paid extra for 3 day shipping. I'm hopping to get a real Colt Commando upper complete with a BCG.

Beth Greene

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
As it boils down, he finally shipped it and it arrives tomorrow. I had to change the delivery to will call because I can't guarunte that I will be home tomorrow. I took Monday off when it was scheduled to be delivered, but he waited 4 days after creating the label to actually ship it. The delivery date according to his shipping software was Monday. When it arrives at the hub will be 4 weeks for an in stock item that I paid extra for 3 day shipping. I'm hopping to get a real Colt Commando upper complete with a BCG.

never go by the shipping label arrival date until you see movement of your package

even then, it will change for sometimes no obvious reason on any given day

that applies to all carriers, not just one

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10419 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Selling something you don’t have is fraud in my book.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
As of now, possibly UPS lost it! Five days after the seller created the label, he dropped it off at UPS. Since I could not be home today during the daytime, I got with UPS and requested they hold it at the Stuart Florida UPS. It had an arrival scan and destination scan this morning in Stuart. I dropped by there this evening and the rep ran the tracking number and said they didnt have it. She said the scans were of the truck it was supposed to be on, not the actual item. She said the item was probably still in Jacksonville FL and might come on the morning truck. I called the 800 number and got the same answer. When they use the term "probably", I don't have very much confidence! I had another rifle disappear at the Jacksonville UPS hub about 3 years or so ago.

Beth Greene

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
In this far may as well wait a day or two and see what’s up. I’ve had tracking numbers go bad or turn cold, and the shipment still made it.

Sometimes it ends up in a short holding pattern, for whatever reason.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Shipping issues like this are why I won’t send a couple of my dad’s guns off to be refinished. I’d go completely batshit Hulk smash if they lost one of his.

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Well it did have a happy ending! I picked it up yesterday at UPS. A month and a day after I ordered and payed for it. The stress was when the guy said 3 times that he was going to ship it on 3 different occasions and he missed those dates by a long shot. It is what was described also, a Colt Commando upper.

Beth Greene

posted Hide Post
I'd consider that unacceptable, but at least you got it. For the most part I only ship guns for my shop (not parts, etc.) and what I tell people is I'll ship within 2 business days of receiving the valid FFL of where they want it sent. I usually ship same day, but that gives me a little leeway if we get super busy and it's also a clear policy they know up front.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Glad you finally got it.

Now, make a cup o' Joe, grab your thesaurus, and set about using multi-syllabic words to ruin what you can of his interwebz reputation.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post