SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Half naked panhandler cursed and threw a rock at my car!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Half naked panhandler cursed and threw a rock at my car! Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Freaking moron. Last night, I was on the way home from my parents' house. It was past midnight. Approaching an intersection, red light was on, the asshole was standing in one of the driving lane. So, I had to move to the next lane, and at the same time rolled my window up. So, I was stuck at the red light, and the guy started cursing, then walked away, and at the same time he turned around and threw a rock at my car. There was no one else around. I was so pissed off, I started cursing, "You SOB, come back here, I'll kick your ass". Figured nothing good could have come out of this, if I had gotten out of the car and let him have it, so, I drove off. As I was driving away, he started bugging another car that had just come up on the other side. The asshole is going to get it from someone one of these days. Mad

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
He's going to get his ass shot

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Who does he think he is? Some big shot swinging dick?

Well, that sucked. You feel like a sitting duck there with the lunatics out.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is what they make baseball bats for.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Another option: run the light if the cross traffic is clear. You might get a ticket however any LEO that would see you run the light would also see the actor in the middle of the street.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Hornet spray works better.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Nah, you did the best thing. Not much else that you could do. These fellas are increasingly common in most large cities. Somehow they evade the system for the most part.

I'm in NYC periodically and in Manhattan traffic you can't get away. I've seen them rip off windshield wiper blades, key doors, throw garbage at cars, etc.

Darwin will likely take care of that situation.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPWAMike0317:
Another option: run the light if the cross traffic is clear. You might get a ticket however any LEO that would see you run the light would also see the actor in the middle of the street.

If safe this was my thought. I'm not staying if I can leave and avoid confrontation.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

That time of night, I'm surprised he was out, as opposed to passed out.

I think you made the right choice to drive off. Shithead will get his soon enough if he keeps that up, especially in TX.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPWAMike0317:

If you got a camera ticket I think you could quite
convince a reasonable judge to let it slide. I'm willing to bet any photo evidence would also pick up the fruitcake as well.

How's the car?

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Which half?

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have called the police a couple blocks away and reported that he "attacked" your car.

It is bad enough that they stand and beg on street corners, but now they want to force you to give or get your car "stoned"?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know Texas laws but in some states throwing anything at an occupied vehicle is a felony.
He was probably drugged up too.

Posts: 12581 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Remember if you reasonably fear death or great bodily injury, your response options open significantly.

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're the one who changed lanes. It could have been over with one bump.Big Grin

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys.... Run the light or stop sign if you can do so safely. I would not have cited you and I don't know any other cop who would either.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PROBLEM SOLVED HERE

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
There was a homeless guy in Austin that was dropping rocks on cars. He dropped rocks from bridges over IH-35. It took the stupid police YEARS to catch him.

Good for you that your incident was not worse.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
That s why they make industrial strength bare-spray.
Getcha sum.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
That s why they make industrial strength bare-spray.
Getcha sum.

Indeed, the hobo will go from half-nekkid to full-nekkid right quick. Thet'll l'arn 'im!!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post