SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Contractor sharing bid info publicly.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contractor sharing bid info publicly. Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
I bet his customers would not be happy about this... But his competitors would!

I use a photo sharing site called Pbase and while browsing today I ran across what appeared to be bid sheets, on the first page of the recent uploads.

All shared publicly with the home owners full name, address, phone number and detailed bid including the price and photos of the houses.

Link... click the thumbnails...
http://www.pbase.com/stewartroofing

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You could be nice and reach out to let him know he accidentally set to public instead of private.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
When I worked in municipal government, all bids were open to the public. After a job was awarded, the number 2 & 3 bidders usually asked to review the bid and contest things they didn't agree with. Before awarding a bid, our lawyers always looked it over to make sure all the information was correct.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
You could be nice and reach out to let him know he accidentally set to public instead of private.

I did.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

I did.

Isn't it public information once the permits are filled out? Or doesn't the public get the money information? Just asking, I don't know much about non government bids.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I did.

Monkey, you are one great ape.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
There is still data accessible via the OP's link.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
quote:
quote:

I did.

Isn't it public information once the permits are filled out? Or doesn't the public get the money information? Just asking, I don't know much about non government bids.

It varies by state, municipalities, federal law and other requirements.

Some bids have to be opened by governing agencies to public, some are only required to be public when a certain $ amount is exceeded.

But the records may or may not include such as this contracting business is allowing to be made visible.

In any event, (and it stems from OPSEC/COMSEC practice) if one has no need to know, one does not try to "find out", nor expose, talk about or whatnot information that is not in one's realm of responsibility, access, or control.

If one does "stumble" upon unsecured classified information or property, one will secure it and immediately notify a proper and responsible party/agency/command authority to take measures to secure the classified information/object.

I'm sort of OCD about such things.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I know that my county has a web site that you can look at deeds, loans and mortgages if you know the owners name and block and lot number.

http://www.oceancountyclerk.com/search.htm

On this site I was able to see that my ex owed the IRS $22K and all the mortgages she took out on her home.

Living the Dream