SIGforum
Unreasonable, unprepared, and unsafe and demanding customers

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/2990011974

February 01, 2021, 03:50 PM
Rev. A. J. Forsyth
Unreasonable, unprepared, and unsafe and demanding customers
quote:
Be sure to tell them about how hard your job has become ever since Obama made FEMA shut down all the lead smelters.

I've been saying all kinds of dumbassery lately. I told one guy I heard a rumor that a Columbian drug submarine sank a freighter from Korea carrying PMC ammo.
February 01, 2021, 04:25 PM
Top Gun Supply
I am convinced that covid is a brain eating virus. The insanity in people is at an unprecedented level...probably more so in the gun business.

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor
February 02, 2021, 11:31 AM
bjor13
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I'm really tired of this crap. At the store I constantly get calls for 9mm ammunition (sometimes other calibers, not as often.) I tell them no, it's simply not available as manufacturing can't keep up with supply. Often they ask, "Can you order me a case?" No, genius, I can't order YOU a case if I can't order ME a case.

The frustrating part of this whole situation is it was predictable, although the magnitude was unexpected. Para was not the only one warning us to "buy it cheap, and stack it deep." Every 4 years, there is a run on guns and ammo. I've seen it happen since the Clinton election. It's not a big strain for most people to buy a box of ammo every payday when it's 8 dollars a box. Cut back on beer and cigarettes if you have to. It was especially inexpensive the last year to two, I was able to buy several cases at 150 bucks, after rebates were calculate in. There were many deals last year on defensive ammo as well.

Even worse are the first time gun buyers. I recently had a friend of a customer who was along for the ride pick up a revolver and point it as his friend's head while laughing. This wasn't a kid, this guy was in his sixties. I booted his ass out. Apparently this town is now full of Yankees from the northeast discovering guns before they discover gun safety.

Oh, well, just venting. It will get better eventually.

where is your shop? I am up the road near Florence, I will make sure I stop in when I am in Lexington.
February 04, 2021, 08:18 AM
andronicus
There's a Sportsman's Warehouse in Mechanicsburg that is near my commute. If it's the morning I often stop as they will get ammo at not jacked up prices sometimes. And often reloading components though not primers since about September. Got a 500 round brick of Remington Thunderbolt yesterday. While on my way to the checkout I heard a guy bitching about why he was limited to just one when he was willing to buy all they had. I was happy with one for $30.
February 04, 2021, 08:43 AM
pedropcola
I’m ok with the limits for now. I love capitalism but some jackass buying out the store and heading to gunbroker to sell 100 MiniMags fir60 bucks irks the shit out of me. Yes, I know others enjoy the lesson in capitalism. Alas I do not. When I see ammo at near non insane prices I’m tending to buy, mostly 22 at this point because I see that as my predominant shooting round now. I don’t want to shoot through my 9mm stash and I’m not enjoying shooting 70 cents a round so 22 it is. Sad thing is I just paid 15 cents a round and convinced myself to be happy about it. Fuck.
February 04, 2021, 02:40 PM
Flash-LB
Just found out today that there are some guys who set up an Ez Up and sell ammo off the side of the road going into the San Tan Valley most days of the week. Haven't heard what the prices are, but I'm sure they're high.
February 04, 2021, 04:18 PM
rburg
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Just found out today that there are some guys who set up an Ez Up and sell ammo off the side of the road going into the San Tan Valley most days of the week. Haven't heard what the prices are, but I'm sure they're high.

I'd stop and check it out. Just for fun and to see if they're cheaper than I'd sell for if I was to do it.

Unhappy ammo seeker
February 09, 2021, 09:29 PM
Fredward
Bjor,

180 Moore Drive. Come see me.
February 11, 2021, 08:29 AM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
When I worked at the dicks who are Dicks, I was amazed at the number of people who asked me for ammo, but could not tell me what type or caliber their gun was!

I'm amazed by the number of gun owners who don't know what they have,

I do the buying at the store I work at, and do similar on the side for myself,

I get a lot of people ask what I will give them for a firearm they own,

I tell them I prefer to see it before I quote, but I will sometimes give ballparks,

so folks will say, I have a 9mm I want to trade in or sell

ok, what type,

customer: like I said, 9mm,

me, ok, who made it or what brand is it,

customer: with that look, 9mm,,

then they get it when I remind them that the firearm has a brand name and usually a model, somewhere on the gun,,, and that 9mm is simply a caliber,

then, to really get a giggle,

Mr and Mrs gun buyer are tickled cause they found a box of 500 9mm bullets that nobody else did,

then you ask them if they reload (blank stare)

and you have to explain to them that that box of 500 BULLETS is just the park of the CARTRIDGE that comes out the barrel to hit the target, they will also need press, dies, cases, powder etc etc,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/