SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lowe’s....Hello, I’d like to buy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lowe’s....Hello, I’d like to buy Login/Join 
posted
a dishwasher and a microwave.
Went to Lowes..3 employees huddled around the plexiglass screen and cubicle. Never looked up from the counter until I said, “hello.” One employee acknowledged me, the other 2 kept fiddling with their phones.

I had researched what I wanted, a good thing because the only product info the employee knew was what his phone showed on his screen. He even turned the screen to me so I could read the features and benefits. The man knew nothing but how to fill out a sales invoice.

Product knowledge didn’t exist at my Lowes, at least in the Appliance Aisle. Best educate yourself before decision time.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Hello---- Just wait till the national minimun pay wage/rate takes effect and things get a lot worse in almost every every thing you can imagine. ......................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty much standard proceedure in sales today.

USED to be that salesmen knew their products. Those days are fading quickly. Frown

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, salesmanship has taken a hit. My old employer sent us to manufacturer schools / brought in factory reps for product knowledge meetings. We were not commissioned, just hourly but the boss always wanted us educated on products and application.

I’m still grateful I had an old time boss that wanted smart employees and happy customers.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.brandsource.com

Check out a couple of stores in your area.

Everyone in their stores rely on you choosing to buy there,it's their only gig.

Maybe four out of the 155 people at Lowe's could give a crap weather you crap or go crazy.

Their mantra should be only we exist

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
USED to be that salesmen knew their products. Those days are fading quickly

Indeed. You're going to get internet pricing right along with internet service.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Stores don't have sales people anymore, they have order takers.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Stores don't have sales people anymore, they have order takers.

True, in the much of retail, very true.

But,
Especially in appliances, there are still very good stores with very good people.
Finding them is the key.

30 years ago there were 25 gun stores in the greater Phoenix metro area and there were ten that had exemplary people.

Now with five times the population, I would bet lunch that out of all the gun stores,
you would be hard pressed to find seven stores that you would rate as great.

People don't go to giant b&m stores for help, information and guidelines.

They go to the small family owned stores for that personal investment.

Then they go and save $26.00 at Lowe's . Instead of supporting Betsey and Bill.

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
Barboursville Lowe’s by chance? I had to beg them to sell me a couple freezers a few years ago. I’ve only been back a couple times when I was in a rush. I’m interested to see how the new Menards treats them.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello there Mountaineer, not Barboursville Lowes, corridor G, south Charleston. We live in Spencer, 4 stoplight town.

https://youtu.be/-aBtt3u6KnA

posted Hide Post
Liked the video

posted Hide Post
Thanks bendable!

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Fill out the survey on the receipt, make it a polite but blistering review. Home office sees that stuff and it brings heat down on the store in question. Don’t make it 100% negative unless they literally did nothing right. If you’re honest about it they’ll give the review more attention.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Good luck. I have two Lowes that I use in my area. It is a tale of two cities. The individual managing the store apparently makes a huge difference. One store has absolutely no customer service and the other is the exact opposite.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity did you visit any local independent dealers for quotes or did you just assume the big box would be significantly less?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I'd rather go to Lowe's than HD most any day of the week, but if you already knew exactly what you wanted, down to the model number, why didn't you just order online? Their inventory system isn't perfect, but it's usually pretty good for major appliances and you would have known exactly what they had in which store, or if delivery, been able to pick your own delivery date right there during checkout.

Not making excuses for shitty customer service, just pointing out that it's easily avoidable from the comfort of your own home in cases like yours.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Krazeehorse, wanted to buy local (one hardware store in town under new ownership).

New owner has alienated too many customers with his attitude, telling buyers to call the company and complain about defective products or concerns. “I just sell them.” Far too many people have shared their experiences to let his actions go un-noticed, can’t do that in small town USA.

As an example, the neighbor lady’s refrigerator died 8 days out of warranty, he wouldn’t even call the manufacturer and ask about a “goodwill gesture”. There are more examples but the results are the same.

I didn’t assume the big stores would be cheaper...I’ll pay extra for good service before and after the sale. My appliance experience had zero to do with money, I knew the prices before I bought. You asked a good question.

Ps...Burton, I did everything you asked, that’s why I knew what was in stock and the costs.

Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
Good luck. I have two Lowes that I use in my area. It is a tale of two cities. The individual managing the store apparently makes a huge difference. One store has absolutely no customer service and the other is the exact opposite.

^^This.

I always preferred HD over Lowe’s. A new Lowes opened in town, and it is like a whole different company. The store manager is an immigrant from central Africa. I don’t know what country, Kenya maybe? I often see him out on the floor and say hello. He is usually helping a customer. It is night and day from the Lowe’s just up the road a bit.

In the meantime, my closest HD has gone to hell wrt customer service. I sure wish Milwaukee wasn’t bottled up in a HD exclusive deal.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife was in management at Lowe's . She is now retired . Yes , the store manager plays a big part in how that particular store operates . TAKE THE SURVEYS ! They do get noticed .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I always check with Steve & Becky in town first. They bought the local Western Auto from her parents.
If they can get within $100, I ain’t driving to Texarkana.
And their son, Zach, will bring it to me.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post