SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    SiriusXM Just Sealed Their Fate With Me
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SiriusXM Just Sealed Their Fate With Me Login/Join 
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
I keep getting emails for both my 2006 Dodge and my 2012 Camry. For the 2006 Dodge, they'll do a 3 year deal for $99 ($2.75/mo), but they won't honor that for the newer car (I called and tried last year) so no SiriusXM for me.

quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
How do you get past Sirius automatically charging your credit card after the six months? Do you use a different payment method to eliminate this problem? Thanks.

Not with Sirius, but in the past I have signed up for services using a VISA gift card loaded up with the just amount needed. Good luck with your auto-renewal on that.

That or a virtual credit card number (Capital One has that and I'm sure others too) - if I were to subscribe again, that's the way I'd go.

Posts: 1800 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I love it. Just re-upped for another year. I drive a lot of backroads for work, where there is no radio reception, no wifi, and very spotty cell signals.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2837 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
If they'd just give out that deal for 36 months, can you imagine the subscribers they'd have? Wink

You are right. Like others, I did the dance with them every couple of months. The discounted term would come to an end, I'd call to cancel, they'd extend the discount for a couple of months, and off we'd go.

I finally got tired of it. When I called I told them I would only extend if they gave me the discounted rate for a full year so I didn't have to call every couple of months. No can do, they said. I pointed out that, based on the number of extensions they'd already given me, I'd been getting the discounted rate for over a year. No matter. They would not budge: they'd extend the discount for a couple of months, but if I wanted a year term, I had to pay full price.

I chose the cancel my subscription option instead. Roll Eyes

(Lucky for me, the only phone number they had for me was my office line. I left that job a couple of months after that and so they can only send me email (which get captured by my spam filter)).

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
I love it. Just re-upped for another year. I drive a lot of backroads for work, where there is no radio reception, no wifi, and very spotty cell signals.

I drive for a living and don't think I could do it without XM.
I listen to Bennington and Jason Ellis everyday as well as many music channels..

Much better than terrestrial radio.. Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
The promotional one year trial just expired on my ‘18 Yukon Denali last week. I let it expire, per usual, and waited for the letter in the mail (it’s inevitable).

About five days later, boom, there it was. Six months for $30. Of course, that’s for the “base” package and I need the “ultimate” package so I can get Howard Stern (not available on the base package) — it’s $50 for this package for six month (plus they threw in a free Echo Dot — maybe I should karma it off here, kidding Big Grin ).

$8.33/mo.

I’ll do this again in six months. Just as I’ve been doing for over a decade now.

How do you get past Sirius automatically charging your credit card after the six months? Do you use a different payment method to eliminate this problem? Thanks.

Oh, good point. I make certain I call and cancel before the auto renewal takes place. It’s marked in my Outlook calendar.

The Visa giftcard spinzone mentioned is a good idea, too. I might try that next time.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post