SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    SiriusXM Just Sealed Their Fate With Me
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SiriusXM Just Sealed Their Fate With Me Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
A 12 month free subscription came with my new car last summer so I'm still on that. I've had similar issues with spotty coverage, both in town and on the road. I have about a half dozen channels that I listen to, but they tend of have fairly small play lists - lots of repeats. I probably won't continue it when the trial subscription ends in a few months.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed listening to XM before they joined. Sort of sucked after the merger and I dropped them. Bought a new truck and it came with the free subscription. It still sucked.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
Just cancelled my subscription with them yesterday.

So did I. they got me for $2x.xx for the month on auto renew, I called and canceled. I wanted the deal they offered me last July but that was a "promotion". I'm sure they'll be calling back.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
Just cancelled my subscription with them yesterday.

So did I. they got me for $2x.xx for the month on auto renew, I called and canceled. I wanted the deal they offered me last July but that was a "promotion". I'm sure they'll be calling back.

If you want the service, keep telling them the price they offer is to high. You'll find it gets lower quick.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Got a six month free trial with a used car I bought. didn't even try it till the day before it expired. Wasn't missing much.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
I really enjoyed listening to XM before they joined. Sort of sucked after the merger and I dropped them. Bought a new truck and it came with the free subscription. It still sucked.

I was an XM subscriber as well,
loved XM,

limited DJ's if any, some interesting shows on Fred and Lucy (and Ethel) that linked various songs and artists together (in a historical sense)

I am still a subscriber, and call and get reduced rates, but it is not the same,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Cancelled my service after my free year in July. They called for several months and I still keep getting letters from them wanting me to renew. I expect this will go on forever. *s*

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I just got a Google Pixel 2, and am listening to Google Play Music. The music curation is far superior than that of Sirius XM. I have a simple bluetooth to FM transceiver and sound quality is as good as one can get with the factory radio. I think I'll cancel Sirius XM, as I only listen to a couple of channels anyway. Can't stand most of the content. FoxNews is so much a yammerfest of people talking to each other while the cameras roll. ESPN is the same. Bluegrass Junction is fine. I can't see paying all that money for one channel, though, with Google Play Music bluegrass so well crafted.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
I love satellite radio, and would happily pay their asking price.

That said, I despise Sirius and wouldn't do business with them if they were the last business on Earth. Every single time I've had a Sirius account, they've screwed me over.

Sometimes they've made it right, sometimes not. But 100% of my experiences with them have resulted in overcharges, fraudulent charges, malfeasance and incompetence.

Over a decade ago, around 2007, I had a stand alone Sirius receiver in an old truck. I bought a new Dodge Ram that came with a 1 year free Sirius trial.

I called Sirius to cancel the stand-alone subscription, intending to use the free trial included with the new truck purchase. So, I cancelled the pre-existing subscription, and they kept charging my bank account. I kept calling to cancel every month, and despite telling me that it had been cancelled, they kept charging my account.

I have alot of other types of accounts linked to my checking, as well as bill pay and various other automatic withdrawal things, so I very badly didn't want to close the acct. I tried getting my bank to block Sirius, which didn't work. Despite the bank attempting to block them, they charges still occurred. Month after month, same shit. I ended up closing the account to keep Sirius out. When the new trucks 1 year trial expired, I politely declined a paid subscription.

5 years later around 2012, Sirius calls me to try and convince me to try their service. So, I happened to be bored that day, I tell them about my prior experience. They apologized, claimed to be run by different management this time, and convince me to try again. I happen to really love satellite radio, so I fall for it again. What follows is a repeat of the above experience. I replaced the vehicle, called and transferred the service to the replacement, and Sirius started charging me for 2 accts. I kept calling, they kept apologizing and telling me the problem is for sure fixed this time, and for 3 more months, they kept charging me for 2 accts.

1 year ago, Jan 2016, their telemarketer calls, and I'm really wanting to believe that they're a legit company now, and out of the scamming business. So, I let them talk me into trying again.
Myself and the wife each have a vehicle with a Sirius receiver integrated with the factory radio, so we turn on Sirius and all is well. Then I moved to the Pacific Northwest, and decide to upgrade my truck to a 4wd.

The new 4wd came with 3 month free trial of Sirius, so I called to cancel the Sirius acct installed on my trade-in truck.

Think u can guess what happened? By the time they stopped charging me for the traded-in trucks acct, the new trucks free trial was expired. About 4 months.

Now when they call, I tell them that I'll only renew if they send a representative to meet me in person so we can discuss their behavior.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Spotty reception on some of the main roads I drive due to large trees and annoying DJs did it for me. I cancelled even before the free trial was done.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
It was the automatic renewals that ticked me off. Still haven't signed back up.

This!! And to cancel was a multi phone call "BITCH".

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeking a better POTUS, and doing it elsewhere
posted Hide Post
I cancelled due to the increasing number of ads, especially on Stern, he freakin is constantly promoting something and you know he would be the first to bitch about something like that happening to him. Paying for a station with ads when Pandora is around? NAH.

Posts: 34 | Registered: March 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had XM in my company car. I cancelled when my home office started getting vehicle warranty mailers with my name on them. Apparently those jerk-offs will sell your info to just about anyone.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 2424 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I think that the word “smarmy” was invented so that the business practices of SiriusXM could be described more concisely.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8853 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
With a modern vehicle and a good cell plan no need for XM. If I’m in the mood I stream Iheartradio through the phone while driving. You pick what you want, no commercials.

I have the free version.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
With a modern vehicle and a good cell plan no need for XM. If I’m in the mood I stream Iheartradio through the phone while driving. You pick what you want, no commercials.

I have the free version.
I do the same, using my phone as a hotspot for my Android HU with TuneIn app. I'll trade the occasional loss of signal or buffering for a much better selection of music and no contracts.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I keep in my company car for Stern. After all these years he still keeps me laughing, and he's become a much better interviewer.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's ok if you're in area with poor reception. But, each channel plays the same 200 songs for the month, in the same exact rotation, day after day. It's always 1 really good song, 1 average song, and 1 you've NEVER heard of because it's so bad, rinse and repeat.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I've had the free trial subscriptions three times now. I haven't been impressed yet. The latest free trial ended two weeks ago and they've been calling twice a day everyday since. I finally called them and told them to quit calling. Hopefully it works. Reading other's experiences here, there's no chance I'd sign up with them.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We bought a used 2017 Infinity QX30 back in June for my wife. It of course came with the free 3 mont Sirius subscription. Well I just got an offer from them. 5 months at $25.00 or 12 months at $99. What the hell am I missing here. Since she would really like to keep it, why would I go with the 12 month deal when the per month cost of the shorter deal is cheaper?

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post