SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    SiriusXM Just Sealed Their Fate With Me
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SiriusXM Just Sealed Their Fate With Me Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I used to argue with them every time until they agreed to give me the 6 months for $25 plan. But I hardly ever listened to it so I just got rid of it. My exwife got the family plan for spotify for her and the kids and let me have a spot and it's been great. Sound quality is better, no commercials, etc

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My neighbor paid for a year subscription. He got a new car and called to transfer the service. They said it cannot be transferred and he would have to cancel the current contract and sign up for a new contract. Of course the previous contract price was no longer valid.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I’ve been a subscriber since I bought my 2007 Altima, which was the first vehicle I had with an XM radio and the ubiquitous three month free trial.

I play the game every year at renewal time and have never paid more than $5-7/mo.

$5-7/mo. is well worth access to XMPatriot, since I drive a lot during the day and get to listen to Breitbart, David Webb, and Andrew Wilkow almost every day.

Other than that, 80s on 8 is the only other channel I really ever listen to.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Had my Hyundai serviced at the dealer. Shortly after, I received a letter from SiriusXM stating that because I had the car serviced at the Hyundai dealer, they (SiriusXM) were offering me 2 months free. Collusion I tell 'ya.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
I've had XM now for about 4 yrs now since I bought my vehicle in 2014. Thought it was great until I realized that they canned all of the music and don't vary the line up. Same lineup, same shit day in and day out on the stations I listen to. I can predict which song will pop up on my way to work and my way home. Ending my subscription when it runs out this time. Going to go back to my CDs and mp3

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Had my Hyundai serviced at the dealer. Shortly after, I received a letter from SiriusXM stating that because I had the car serviced at the Hyundai dealer, they (SiriusXM) were offering me 2 months free. Collusion I tell 'ya.

I recently bought a Hyundai Sonata. I told the salesman to not let SiriusXM know of it. He promised me that he wouldn’t. Two days later I begin receiving emails from SiriusXM.

And I received an email from the salesman asking me to give a positive report to Hyundai about my experience with him. No way, fella.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

I recently bought a Hyundai Sonata. I told the salesman to not let SiriusXM know of it. He promised me that he wouldn’t. Two days later I begin receiving emails from SiriusXM.
Might not be your salesman. State sales / registration records? Or the dealer's back office where maybe the salesman has no input?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I only have it because of MLB. When traveling it is nice to get the game even in rural area. Yes, I get MLB at bat and stream that along with music. So when it was time to renew...I basically told them to pound sand. I got called by their account preservation and basically got it for a really great deal. It is nice for MLB, the comedian channels to break it up, and some of the the other channel is a breath of fresh air instead of the same old thing. I don’t know if I will renew them again..

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bjor13:
hopefully you are done with your dealership as well, thats who sold your # to them, and most likely you will get extended warranty calls soon as well....

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Got a three-month trial with SirusXM with my new-to-me Jeep. So I went ahead and registered with them. They've been pestering the living daylights out of me ever since. Which I rather expected.

For $5/month for a year I was kind of half-way considering it, until...

Over the last couple days I've been getting calls from 877-463-5346. Finally decided to look to see if the public databases knew who it was
SiriusXM telemarketing.

I did not give them my mobile number. They just sealed their fate with me.

Well said. Although I’ve never had issues with marketers after I listen to their pitch and I pitch them a product back. Granted to accomplish this you need a) time on your day b) Patience ahahaha

Posts: 106 | Registered: September 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Oh. My. Gosh. Mad

On the phone with Sirius now, to remove one -- ONE -- radio from my account. I don't still have the car in which that radio lives. Easy, right?

Noooooooo.

I call. They've got a 15-minute wait time. I enter my number for the callback. They call back. I explain to the nice lady (who I can easily assume is NOT in "my neighborhood") that I want to remove one radio from the account.

Give her the radio nickname and the radio ID. Easy. "Why do you want to discontinue service on this radio, sir?"
"Because I don't still have the car."

This leads to the famous "let's get a manager on the line" bit. I walk through the same process with him. (I'll bet he's also not in my neck of the woods.) Name, address, purpose of call, radio nickname and ID. Then another five minutes of bad on-hold music, then the question: "Sir, why do you want to cancel service?" Eek "For the very same reason I gave the lady I spoke to before talking to you: I don't still have the car. Why is this difficult?"

So. Two minutes to get far enough into the phone system to find out I have to wait for 15 more. Then the wait, and then some, and then another 12 minutes to actually accomplish the goal.

In the great words of Charlie Brown: "Good grief."

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phil in indy:
...5 months at $25.00...

This is the “all-inclusive promotion” that I’ve be renewing on non-stop for years. A few days before the “special promo” period is set to end, I just ring up XM / Sirius and ask them to renew the special promo. Voila. Easy peazy.

Posts: 217 | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They e-mail me twice a week with offers to reactivate a radio in a vehicle that I traded 5 years and 8 months ago..

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Unless they offer me some good rate, I think I will simply let my subscription expire. The credit card the charge was originally put on has since been cancelled and replaced.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took my 2017 Subaru Outback in for annual inspection last week. Two or three days later, I get an email from them saying because I took my car in for service, they were going to give me three free months of service. I wrote back and asked were they going to tack it onto the back of the 12 mos I bought 6 weeks ago, when I renewed Haven't heard back. Whenever you agree to one of their promotions and pay with a card, the small print says you are agreeing to let them charge your card at the end of the promotion at the usual rate. Then they wait until they have charged your card to notify you that the promtion is over. They are basically crooks.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I very quickly got a confirmation for making Mom's service annual instead of quarterly (change made online), but here I sit some eight hours later with no confirmation of the verbal (phone) radio removal.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Aaaaand here we are three days later, and I still have that radio on my account.

Get on Sirius' web site and initiate the chat. That was time wasted, as after all the verification and confirmation chat, all I got was another phone number to call. So much for the usefulness of chat.

So. Here I am, on the phone with Sirius once more, talking to a rep who is most definitely "not in my neighborhood" and somewhat difficult to understand.

"What is the reason for your desire to discontinue service on the radio?

It's the same reason I had when I called three days ago! I don't still have the car! Come on, Slick! Pay attention!

More time on hold now, with their crummy on-hold music. Good grief. Roll Eyes

God bless America.

Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
The promotional one year trial just expired on my ‘18 Yukon Denali last week. I let it expire, per usual, and waited for the letter in the mail (it’s inevitable).

About five days later, boom, there it was. Six months for $30. Of course, that’s for the “base” package and I need the “ultimate” package so I can get Howard Stern (not available on the base package) — it’s $50 for this package for six month (plus they threw in a free Echo Dot — maybe I should karma it off here, kidding Big Grin ).

$8.33/mo.

I’ll do this again in six months. Just as I’ve been doing for over a decade now.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
If they'd just give out that deal for 36 months, can you imagine the subscribers they'd have? Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
The promotional one year trial just expired on my ‘18 Yukon Denali last week. I let it expire, per usual, and waited for the letter in the mail (it’s inevitable).

About five days later, boom, there it was. Six months for $30. Of course, that’s for the “base” package and I need the “ultimate” package so I can get Howard Stern (not available on the base package) — it’s $50 for this package for six month (plus they threw in a free Echo Dot — maybe I should karma it off here, kidding Big Grin ).

$8.33/mo.

I’ll do this again in six months. Just as I’ve been doing for over a decade now.

How do you get past Sirius automatically charging your credit card after the six months? Do you use a different payment method to eliminate this problem? Thanks.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
How do you get past Sirius automatically charging your credit card after the six months? Do you use a different payment method to eliminate this problem? Thanks.

Not with Sirius, but in the past I have signed up for services using a VISA gift card loaded up with the just amount needed. Good luck with your auto-renewal on that.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post