SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    SiriusXM Just Sealed Their Fate With Me
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SiriusXM Just Sealed Their Fate With Me Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Got a three-month trial with SirusXM with my new-to-me Jeep. So I went ahead and registered with them. They've been pestering the living daylights out of me ever since. Which I rather expected.

For $5/month for a year I was kind of half-way considering it, until...

Over the last couple days I've been getting calls from 877-463-5346. Finally decided to look to see if the public databases knew who it was.

SiriusXM telemarketing.

I did not give them my mobile number. They just sealed their fate with me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I like the 80s channel, but I cant stand the way the stupid DJs talk over songs. It pisses me off to no end. I cancelled my subscription over it several years back and never renewed.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They sealed their fate a while back when I discovered how great Spotify was.

The sound quality from SiriusXM is horrible too, it's so compressed, it sounds tinny and hollow as hell to me.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I get it free and think it sucks, definitely not worth the money. I mostly stream from Amazon, included with prime.

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It was the automatic renewals that ticked me off. Still haven't signed back up.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
They got your phone from the car dealership/financing company.

You gave it to them by allowing the dealership to share the info.

It's not a worldwide scam to collect your data, just your $5 a month.

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

The dealership and/or financing company gave it to them. One of the hundred pages of forms you signed was a privacy statement authorizing such.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I tried to listen to XM a couple of times during my free trial period but hated the short rotation on the channels I listened to along with the spotty reception while in areas with buildings taller than three stories.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Bye Felicia!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjor13
posted Hide Post
hopefully you are done with your dealership as well, thats who sold your # to them, and most likely you will get extended warranty calls soon as well....

quote:
Got a three-month trial with SirusXM with my new-to-me Jeep. So I went ahead and registered with them. They've been pestering the living daylights out of me ever since. Which I rather expected.

For $5/month for a year I was kind of half-way considering it, until...

Over the last couple days I've been getting calls from 877-463-5346. Finally decided to look to see if the public databases knew who it was
SiriusXM telemarketing.

Posts: 1017 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The part I hated about Sirus during my free trial was that it would blank out at the worst times. Usually up in the woods someplace. You already don't have any normal radio, bamm, there goes Howard Stern totally silent half way into talking to some hooker......

...damned say I say.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have it and for the most part, it is ok. Radio stations in the Yoop suck and satellite coverage is needed in the sticks.
Yoop related Sirius CS call:
I once called them to whine about spotty coverage in town, which isn't exactly NYC, building wise. I was put on hold and when CS came back they said my coverage was spotty because I lived north of the 45th parallel. When I asked what difference that made, I was told they aim the signal south of the 45th, because that where most people live!
Welcome to the Yoop!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it for a few years when there weren't other options, but quit using it with the prevalence of streaming and the ability to connect my phone to the car wirelessly.

The marketing call would have been a minor irritation. I am also sure they got it from the dealer.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'll listen to it when they do the free weekends a few times a year, but have no interest in paying for it, when I can stream Spotify & the like via my phone.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had XM Satellite radio when I rode the Gold Wing. Roadie II receiver patched into the GW audio system. Worked out pretty well. But, what with yearly price increases and DJ's interrupting music made me decide to drop out.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
They lost me when they started yammering and putting ads up. I can get that shit for free on FM.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:

The dealership and/or financing company gave it to them. One of the hundred pages of forms you signed was a privacy statement authorizing such.

Would Sirius be able to extract data from the radio if he connects his phone via Bluetooth?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I go through the same dog and pony show with them every year. They cheerfully notify me that they are going to renew my subscription for $200. So I call them and explain all the reasons I'm probably going to cancel. At that point they usually discover a promotion for half or less . Don't ever let them have your credit card or every year, you will find that $200 charge on your statement.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Both parents have it in their cars. I haven't looked all that hard, but I couldn't really find a channel that fits my tastes (a little bit of everything, but just where on the spectrum is dependent on the day, and I've always gravitated toward the "harder" genres), so I opted out. Instead I have a Spotify account (I ignore their politics because they have a satisfactory product) and I love it. I have on my phone a playlist spanning over 3500 songs, dozens of artists, hundreds of albums. I've got everything from Beethoven to Orgy's latest EP on there, and I use Bluetooth to stream to the car. My car doesn't have a built-in GPS, so I use the phone for that too, and it integrates easily enough.

My solution isn't for everybody, but I'm not sure I could go back.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Just cancelled my subscription with them yesterday.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post