SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Junk mail -- what I'd like USPS to sponsor
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Junk mail -- what I'd like USPS to sponsor Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
Picture of rscalzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
has the postage predetermined to be charged at the contract price of the envelope and not a box.

True. Probably had no return address so the box went nowhere.

quote:
In my mind, USPS is an enabler for junk mail

Frankly, I don't want the post office determining what they think is worthy of delivery.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 4188 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I get about a 1/2 mailbox full of mail daily. Out of all of that mail, less than five letters per month is real mail that I want. It's just ridiculous. All of it goes directly into the burn barrel.

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy." Winston Churchill

Posts: 12418 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I have a P.O. box and I complained about the junk mail several years ago. They said that they can put a "no boxholders" sign on my P.O. box and that would eliminate any junk. I haven't had any junk mail since. Maybe they can do it for a postal route box.

Posts: 2617 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I guess the key point here is that I would like the junk mailers to bear the burden of any disposal costs. Let them feel the pain of disposal costs.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - B.Franklin
"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy

Posts: 5873 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
Originally posted by 81chop:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
I get Junk mail, too. If there's a prepaid envelope inside, I use it to mail the ripped up junk mail back to them.

I need to start doing that, or mail another piece of junk mail to them from some other place.

Sending the NRA stuff to AARP is always fun.

Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!

Posts: 2747 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Interesting. In my town recycling is mandatory and we all get to rent a separate recycling bin to be put on the curbside and emptied by the city every two weeks.

I'm kinda wondering why they don't just put a recycling bin next to the centralized mail box.

Posts: 19868 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
You can unsubscribe from it.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 3353 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post