SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon Prime Two Day Shipping
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Prime Two Day Shipping Login/Join 
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I just cancelled my renewel for Prime, yesterday they have lost two shipments of mine, and then said that they had to wait to get me my refund.

Both took over two weeks, and just before that I finally got the notice that said you have just saved $100.00 in shipping fees (even though it cost me $100.00 to save it).

I have been using Wal-mart lately and as long as it is over $35.00 shipping is free.

I have always been an Amazon fan up until my last two bad actions with them.

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With Prime membership, I get a lot of things with free 2 day shipping. Occasionally, an item has taken three days. Occasionally, I'll get the item in one day. Either way, I'm good.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. I live in Alaska.....Amazon has become quite the disappointment the last few years.

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My last 9 two day prime deliveries have been from three to five days, not one on time.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I think a lot of the blame lies with Amazon allowing these outside vendors to list their products as "Prime" and not policing their compliance with Prime requirements.

I could be wrong.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I made an order on Saturday December 9, arrived today by UPS, all the way from Aridzona.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
3 of my last 4 orders were 2 day ship. Claimed package would be there by 8pm on certain day. 9pm, I call and ask where my package is. Every time Amazon has refunded the order. First two packages showed up a week later. Third package showed up the next day. I called to try to give the refund back and they said keep it. So, it works in my favor for now but at some point someone is going to balance the books and then someone will be short.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Interesting enough I had it happen today, placed an order for replacement battery pack for the roomba, it stated one or two day delivery for free, I selected the two day, which means it would be here on the 15th.

The listing showed it was in stock and to be fullfilled by Amazon.

Once the order was placed I received notice that it would arrive next week on the 22nd. WTF that isn't two days from the date of order.

So I cancelled the order, went back found the listed product via prime again, it shows it will be there on the 15th, clicked that option and reordered, I'll be damned if it didn't come up and tell me it will be here on the 15th.

You have to watch the orders when you place them and if the shipping date is changed from promise before shipped, cancel the order.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Interesting enough I had it happen today, placed an order for replacement battery pack for the roomba, it stated one or two day delivery for free, I selected the two day, which means it would be here on the 15th.

The listing showed it was in stock and to be fullfilled by Amazon.

Once the order was placed I received notice that it would arrive next week on the 22nd. WTF that isn't two days from the date of order.

So I cancelled the order, went back found the listed product via prime again, it shows it will be there on the 15th, clicked that option and reordered, I'll be damned if it didn't come up and tell me it will be here on the 15th.

You have to watch the orders when you place them and if the shipping date is changed from promise before shipped, cancel the order.

Happened to me a few days ago. They had 5 quarts of Valvoline synthetic for 22 bucks (prime). That's a pretty good deal so I ordered it. About a week ago. Then 2 days ago I get a message - "Good news! We have an expected arrival date for your order!" December 21st. Um yea no thanks it's already a week behind, I cancelled it because my oil change is already about 500 miles overdue. Luckily auto zone is running a deal, 5 quarts of valvoline and get a free oil filter so it amounted to about the same.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

We are paying them a hundred bucks a year for Prime, which promises TWO DAY shipping. We need to actually get what we are paying for. Or, they need to re-state the Prime shipping, and make it three days, preferably accompanied by a decrease in the annual Prime fee.

Amazon is aware of the Holiday Season and has only Un-PC committed to "Arrives by Christmas" for me since this December began.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I can't recall a package thru Prime not being delivered in two days, in at 4 or 5 years.

You are located in Lexington, Kentucky, which is where one of Amazon's major fulfillment centers is located, so it would be unusual if you did not receive an Amazon shipment on time. (Henderson, Nevada, is another major fulfillment center.)

Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I place around 150 orders a year on Amazon and I’d say the two day shipping is about 99.5% on time. Seems like 20% of them arrive within a day.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
quote:

We are paying them a hundred bucks a year for Prime, which promises TWO DAY shipping. We need to actually get what we are paying for. Or, they need to re-state the Prime shipping, and make it three days, preferably accompanied by a decrease in the annual Prime fee.
Amazon is aware of the Holiday Season and has only Un-PC committed to "Arrives by Christmas" for me since this December began.
When Amazon tries to sell Prime to us, and wants our money, they say "two day shipping for Prime." The do NOT say "two day shipping except for the Christmas season."

My gripe is not directed at the shipping itself: I am much more aggravated by Amazon promising something, taking the money for what they promised, then not delivering (pun!) what they promised.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Today is December 10. I placed an order just before noon, for an item that was shown IN STOCK, on check-out I selected Prime two-day shipping, and I completed the order.

I received a confirmation email from Amazon showing delivery scheduled for December 13.

WTF? That is three days, not two days. This has been happening regularly for the past few months; prior to that, two days actually seemed to mean two days.

Once again, I contacted customer support, got some off-shore person, who told me that it might take some time to obtain the item (a gun cleaning kit).

My response: Just how long does it take to obtain something that you already have IN STOCK?

A lot of hemming and hawing, along with obfuscation, while s/he (who can tell, with these names?) offered to "educate" me on the process.

I educated the rep: two days means two days, not three days.

Result: As a special consideration, the rep "upgraded" the shipping so that my two-day order would arrive in two days.

My gripe / rant: This is NOT a one-time thing. This is happening on most of my orders now. Two day shipping is turning into three or more days.

Yeah, some time ago I ordered an item, selected 2 day shipping. 5 days later it arrived. Turns out that UPS does not deliver on the weekends so the package just laid somewhere instead of delivered.

If you order something to be delivered by UPS, make sure that 2 day window does not inclue weekends. Not sure about holidays but that probably applies as well.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Order on Sunday. They ship on Wednesday. You get it on Friday. Two day shipping.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Order on Sunday. They ship on Wednesday. You get it on Friday. Two day shipping.
Confused seriously? Confused

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
That's what their argument will be because unfortunately it accurate. I think that's why they've started offering the "no rush" shipping, to show you just how long it could be taking.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
My gripe is not directed at the shipping itself: I am much more aggravated by Amazon promising something, taking the money for what they promised, then not delivering (pun!) what they promised.

I understand that you want to pitch your beef about Amazon Prime Delivery, and I would be pissed off too if Amazon wasn't delivering for me. It is surprising that I could not find fine print with words such as "Guaranteed 2 day delivery not guaranteed." Amazon should do that and explain that weather disruptions, etc. can cause delays in shipping.

Reviewing every post in this thread, my guess is that your problem is being caused by those white Amazon vans used in urban areas which I have never seen. When I was in Boondocks, WA, Amazon Prime 2 day shipping nearly always arrived on time and occasionally in 1 day. In One Gas Station Town, TX, I'm not having any major problems with Prime deliveries even during the Holiday Season. All of these Amazon orders have been delivered mostly by UPS or else FedEx.

One workaround for your problem that might work is to try paying for 1 day delivery. If it arrives late, in 2 days, then request a refund for the shipping charges. That's what I would do, at least once, as a test.

Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
When i call they just give me free months of prime. I got like 6 plus months free now because of it. Everytime I call when its not there within two days. And if I preorder something and its not there when its released, I call.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
My big gripe with Prime is the time they take to actually ship the item. They say because I’m in Hawaii stuff takes longer to get here but they don’t say it’s because they take their sweet time getting around to sending it, even when it’s in stock.

For example they still haven’t shipped the items I ordered on the 11th. Something else I bought on Amazon Prime the same day was fulfilled by the seller and is arriving today. Another item I purchased directly from the manufacturer that day got here yesterday.

When I visit my daughter in Reston, Virginia and order something from Prime it comes two days later, frequently the next day, and sometimes that very same day. They don’t sit on the order like they do when I order from here.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post