SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon Prime Two Day Shipping
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Prime Two Day Shipping Login/Join 
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
You seem pretty upset by this.
I would suggest turning the auto-renewal off in your personal profile and leaving the Prime program altogether.

-Loungechair

Posts: 674 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I could not be any happier with them, example I ordered two grow lights at 5:40 p m on the fifteenth ,they were on my front porch this A M as I got back from coffee.
My thinking is they make it so easy that I should not shop at a place that bends over backwards to please.
I could just drive over the area and not find the damn things

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

In our area, 90% of our Prime shipments arrive in two days, and are delivered by USPS. The large fulfillment centers in the Phoenix area, as well as Henderson NV, probably have something to do with the USPS thing. Even our 120 lbs monthly supply of dog food is delivered by our mail carrier.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Well, my Prime, in stock and fulfilled by Amazon purchase from the 11th was finally shipped on the 18th. They say it will be here tomorrow. The 4 day transit time I completely understand. It’s the fact that they consistently wait a week before even sending it out that annoys me.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Just be thankful they didn't extend it out to four or five days. I've had that happen even in times of the year when they shouldn't be swamped with pressure on their resources.

2-day Prime shipping kind of sucks these days, a measure of how Amazon has gone from being the 800lb gorilla of web-based sales to something north of 8000lbs. As much as they've grown and have successfully convinced so many customers to become Prime members for any number of reasons, it does feel as if their volume is outpacing their own internal infrastructure, despite all of their investing in new distribution facilities and channels. These days I use Prime less for its purported delivery advantages than for other perks it offers when it comes other services (like streaming for example). It still occasionally irk me when certain items take more than two days when I think that I need to have that widget NOW, but then I've also had '2-day Prime' purchases show up on the same day or the next day, contrary to what belaying pessimism Amazon initially projected.

Maybe that just happens because I reside in more or less the same 'hood as them, but that doesn't explain or jibe with the too frequent delayed deliveries I suffer through at other times.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I'm just revisiting this thread. I thought maybe I posted here before to say I don't have many issues with getting things in 2 days.

That being said, anyone that doesn't contact Amazon when they don't get the shipment on time (as shown when ordering) should contact Amazon. They have absolutely awesome customer service.

I ordered a few items on Wednesday and it was showing that the items would be delivered on Friday. On Thursday night I tracked and saw delivery scheduled for Saturday. I emailed them and told them I was planning on cooking with my new Anova Sous Vide on Saturday and that I wasn't happy the date changed.

I got a long form letter explaining what happened with this at the end...

"--To compensate with the inconvenience, I've extended your Prime membership for one month at no additional cost.

*****Please don't worry I've personally contacted the shipping facility and have confirmed that you'll be receiving the package within 24 hours.

*****Also as soon the package arrives I request you to please write us back once the order has arrived we'll issue a 30% refund for the item as a goodwill gesture and an apology for the inconvenience."

Today I got my items, emailed them and quickly got this reply...

"Your Account Amazon.com
Message From Customer Service

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know that you have received your order. I hope you enjoy your item.

As promised, I have issued a 30% partial refund in the amount of $71.00 for the order to your original payment method. You'll see the refund to your credit card in the next 3-5 business days.

The business of our customers is very important to us, and we are working hard to improve the service and selection we provide to our valuable customers.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today."

So, yeah, I got a $71 refund and an extra month of Prime simply because of a one day delay.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Amazon customer service number (not posted on their web site anywhere):

888-280-4331

I have had excellent results calling that number on the few occasions I have had an issue. A nice even attitude on my part helps a lot. Usually resolved with free stuff, too.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else called the customer service number and then been patched through to a service representative working from their home? Holy smokes! Twice I've gotten reps with dogs barking so loudly in the background that it's difficult to communicate with the rep! Both times I've filed a complaint thru Amazon.

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone else called the customer service number and then been patched through to a service representative working from their home? Holy smokes! Twice I've gotten reps with dogs barking so loudly in the background that it's difficult to communicate with the rep! Both times I've filed a complaint thru Amazon.

It is the office. Emotional support animals. Beats India IMHO.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rumor has it that the following email will get results: jeff@amazon.com

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post