SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon Prime Two Day Shipping
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Prime Two Day Shipping Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Today is December 10. I placed an order just before noon, for an item that was shown IN STOCK, on check-out I selected Prime two-day shipping, and I completed the order.

I received a confirmation email from Amazon showing delivery scheduled for December 13.

WTF? That is three days, not two days. This has been happening regularly for the past few months; prior to that, two days actually seemed to mean two days.

Once again, I contacted customer support, got some off-shore person, who told me that it might take some time to obtain the item (a gun cleaning kit).

My response: Just how long does it take to obtain something that you already have IN STOCK?

A lot of hemming and hawing, along with obfuscation, while s/he (who can tell, with these names?) offered to "educate" me on the process.

I educated the rep: two days means two days, not three days.

Result: As a special consideration, the rep "upgraded" the shipping so that my two-day order would arrive in two days.

My gripe / rant: This is NOT a one-time thing. This is happening on most of my orders now. Two day shipping is turning into three or more days.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Pretty much the point of this thread...
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3360090434

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two day shipping hasn't been two days for a while. I order a handful of things off Amazon almost every week and never get them in two days unless I pay extra for the next day shipping option.

Hopefully they can figure out this drone stuff pretty quick and then we'll have 2 day shipping back!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
Two day shipping hasn't been two days for a while. I order a handful of things off Amazon almost every week and never get them in two days unless I pay extra for the next day shipping option.

Hopefully they can figure out this drone stuff pretty quick and then we'll have 2 day shipping back!
Push them. Take the time to contact customer support. Let Mr. Bezos know: Jeff@Amazon.com

We are paying them a hundred bucks a year for Prime, which promises TWO DAY shipping. We need to actually get what we are paying for. Or, they need to re-state the Prime shipping, and make it three days, preferably accompanied by a decrease in the annual Prime fee.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
For me they either show up late or my eight item order will show up in seven individual boxes. The latter wouldn't be so bad, but, the newest trend is a'holes coming up and taking packages off your porch when no one is home.

Not surprising, since one seems to be able to deliver on time anymore...

My last two pistols were both shipped UPS Two Day. One took six days and the other seven. This was noted multiple times for both:

"Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Delivery will be rescheduled."

WTF?? Of course, no one can tell you what these operating conditions are.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't recall a package thru Prime not being delivered in two days, in at 4 or 5 years.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
They probably don’t count today because it is Sunday.

From their website:
The transit time is calculated using business days, meaning Saturday and Sunday don't count toward the transit time (unless we've specifically offered a weekend delivery during checkout).

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:

More likely it's the season.

I've ordered stuff on Friday, had it scheduled for Sunday, and had it arrive on Sunday. I've also ordered on Sunday and had it arrive on Tuesday.

That being said: They have missed a couple times with me, lately.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

I've ordered stuff on Friday, had it scheduled for Sunday, and had it arrive on Sunday. I've also ordered on Sunday and had it arrive on Tuesday.

I don't think it's Sunday, nor the season. This has been going on with many of my orders for the past several months, which rules out the seasonal aspect. Around here, Amazon delivers seven days a week, and their warehouse / fulfillment centers, are certainly in operation seven days to prepare stuff for shipping and get it out the door, so that would eliminate the Sunday factor.

Dunno what's going on with them, but up to maybe four or six months ago, Prime stuff had real two-day shipping, like clockwork. In recent months, two day shipping has routinely become three day, with the occasional four.

When I hit the chat facility to complain about it, the standard routine is:

First, "Peggy" in whatever third world country s/he is, obfuscates, offers to "educate" me, tells me that it will be two day shipping once the item is obtained. Same script, each time.

I then point out that the item is showing IN STOCK, so the time to obtain it should be approximately zero.

Peggy then offers to make an exception for me and "upgrade" the shipping to get it to me in two days.

These are all "Prime" items.

It has gotten to the point where I can carry on both sides of the dialog. Same damn thing. Every. Time.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
UPS is also in the middle of new global Teamster negotiations too- this isn't going to get any better any time soon, IMO.

Amazon is trying to break into the business of Logistics, with apparent mixed success. Paying a better wage in the DCs and Transport divisions may help, but so far little has happened from what I've heard.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
My 2 day orders are still making it to me on time without having to jump through hoops. I think it just depends on what you order and which warehouse in the US it's coming from to you.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
We are lucky enough to live 5 miles from a distribution center. We have prime and we have had items delivered the next day. I see the white unmarked Amazon vans in my neighborhood several times a day. The only time we have waited more than 2 days is when something we ordered is supplied from a outside source not in our local distribution center.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
We are lucky enough to live 5 miles from a distribution center. We have prime and we have had items delivered the next day. I see the white unmarked Amazon vans in my neighborhood several times a day. The only time we have waited more than 2 days is when something we ordered is supplied from a outside source not in our local distribution center.
I think that you're not that far from me, probably the same distribution center.

I also see Amazon vans in our neighborhood: White, but with the Amazon logo. One of them came pretty close to running into me. The driver had her face buried in her phone. She might have been using the GPS app to find an address, but if so, she should have pulled over to the side while she got things sorted out.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
I ordered 6 items for Christmas presents last Tuesday. All were Prime eligible and showed in stock. I got 1 Friday, 2 Saturday, 1 is showing out for delivery today and the other won't arrive until Wednesday (allegedly). But hey, I'm leaving the country tomorrow. Doh.
And I just got dinged for my $100.71 Prime renewal.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

I don't think it's Sunday, nor the season. This has been going on with many of my orders for the past several months, which rules out the seasonal aspect. Around here, Amazon delivers seven days a week, and their warehouse / fulfillment centers, are certainly in operation seven days to prepare stuff for shipping and get it out the door, so that would eliminate the Sunday factor.

Dunno what's going on with them, but up to maybe four or six months ago, Prime stuff had real two-day shipping, like clockwork. In recent months, two day shipping has routinely become three day, with the occasional four.

When I hit the chat facility to complain about it, the standard routine is:

First, "Peggy" in whatever third world country s/he is, obfuscates, offers to "educate" me, tells me that it will be two day shipping once the item is obtained. Same script, each time.

I then point out that the item is showing IN STOCK, so the time to obtain it should be approximately zero.

Peggy then offers to make an exception for me and "upgrade" the shipping to get it to me in two days.

These are all "Prime" items.

It has gotten to the point where I can carry on both sides of the dialog. Same damn thing. Every. Time.

I am right there with you V-Tail. I have been receiving packages late or mis-delivered altogether. Everything lines up with your experiences too. Seems that recently, Amazon decided to get the USPS involved and that's where my issues are coming from. I absolutely detest the USPS. When stuff was sent by Fed-Ex or UPS, I never had a problem. Now with the SmartPost/SurePost shit where they give it to the USPS it just adds another day (or 7 in most cases) to the transit time. I just get in contact with Amazon every time it happens, ask to speak to a manager in the United States. Give them the details and they usually give me some kind of credit to shut up and go away. $20 on Friday and $10 yesterday for 2 separate issues as an example. I will take every penny from them that they offer just so they will start to realize the problem and maybe do something about it. Maybe if we all cause a stir, things will change. Not holding my breath though!

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
I am right there with you V-Tail. Maybe if we all cause a stir, things will change. Not holding my breath though!
Things might or might not improve if we complain and raise a stick.

However, I'm pretty sure that there will not be any change for the better if we suffer in silence.

So yes, I will continue to bitch loudly about it to Amazon.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I get second day about 90% of the time, that's with items sold and shipped by Amazon. I'm semi rural and I've never complained when it went over. By brother is in the same county, more urban and says they never live up to 2 Day, go figure.

I'm not giving it up, we get our dog food and bird seed from Amazon, saves going to the store which is 15 miles away.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
If we raise enough of a stink they'll just make prime 3 day free delivery or raise the price LOL

I get some things the next day, some two, some 3, but all of it is free, well, no extra charge for shipping.

As long as I don't have to pay shipping either way I'm fine unless it takes weeks. You have to watch who's full filling that stuff, sometimes it's Prime from Xuangspoo China...

Posts: 23242 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Delivery will be rescheduled."
I've seen that one on the UPS website quite a bit of late, tis the season and all, but it really just means they are overloaded with packages I would guess.

The FedEx guy just brought me a package a day early, pulled up in a yellow Ryder truck, hmmm...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
If we raise enough of a stink they'll just make prime 3 day free delivery or raise the price LOL
My bitch is really about the fact that they promise something (two day delivery), I pay for what they promise, and then I have to fight with them to get what they promised and what I paid for.

If they said up front, Prime gets three day delivery, that would be different. But no, they promise two day, and then switch it to three day when I place the order. That, boys and girls, is no bueno.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים