SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Safariland
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safariland Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Wow. His joke is sailing far above many heads, it seems.

Lemme break it down for you, Barney-style. Big Grin

He was jokingly referring to wanting to get a discount for being a "vet"... (A veterinarian, rather than a veteran.)

slabsides45 is a veterinarian.
See my post, five above yours. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
No Law enforcement or Military discounts kinda a slap in the face

A discount is a privilege not an entitlement.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
No Law enforcement or Military discounts
I'm always glad to get a discount, I will not turn one down if it's offered, but I don't think I have a gripe with a company that does not offer one.

This pretty much sums it up.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I love the "IGOTTAGETMEAMUTHERFUCKINGDISCOUNTONEVERYTHINGIBUY" Crowd.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
No Law enforcement or Military discounts kinda a slap in the face

A discount is a privilege not an entitlement.
Doesn't sound like he sees it that way.

You better respect his authority too, or he might slap YOU in the face! :Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
As the ant said while walking over a mirror #that one way to look at it"

Posts: 2488 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I'ma waitin on my FOWG discount...

Jeebus, if they gave those they'd be paying me to take their stuff!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Where’s my free discounted shit?

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many manufacturers have an agreement with their vendors NOT to discount below the prices that the vendors use.

I'd really rather buy from a vendor when possible.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would suggest HolsterOps as well. They routinely have 10%, 15%, and 20% off coupon codes. They've had 25% a couple times. They sell a bunch of Safariland stuff and what they don't sell, they can get. Our agency used them for a holster order and they had us our 100+ new holsters in a week, and they were not stocking items.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by schrack:
No Law enforcement or Military discount

why would they offer a discount to their primary market?

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:

Why, indeed? And why would SIG not offer a discount for security guards?

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:

Why, indeed? And why would SIG not offer a discount for security guards?

EDIT-I'm referencing the thread from years ago where member LL pitched a bitch about not getting the First Responder discount and claiming he put his life on the line.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Only Safariland I ever owned had the ALS which I do not like so no more Safariland and, bought one Bianchi and since they are owned by Safariland combined with the fact I emailed Bianchi 4 times asking for suggestions on how to make a holster that was supposed to be designed for my specific weapon work and they have not seen fit to answer any of my inquiries then I will not buy anymore of their products either.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
I did a review on the product and my opinion off the Company, it only posted for an hour then went away. It is funny that a company who deals in alot of Agencys will not give a discount to those of us Sworn members who chose to buy Thier own equipment. I don't feel I am entitled to anything room anyone and have paid my own way. Spent 40 years in the Military and have 15 years in the Department , don't think it's to much to ask for a small discount to purchase a tinkin holstr from a cheap company.

Posts: 2488 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did a review on the product and my opinion off the Company, it only posted for an hour then went away. It is funny that a company who deals in alot of Agencys will not give a discount to those of us Sworn members who chose to buy Thier own equipment. I don't feel I am entitled to anything room anyone and have paid my own way. Spent 40 years in the Military and have 15 years in the Department , don't think it's to much to ask for a small discount to purchase a tinkin holstr from a cheap company.

I appreciate your service, but as an AD service member (who very rarely brings up discounts while making purchases) I don't see a problem with inquiring about a discount, but it's the expecting one part that ain't called for, and quite frankly looks kinda poor.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6253 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post