SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    It was a nice fad, but ...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It was a nice fad, but ... Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

My personal favorite Wit - at least of the ones that I'm able to find regularly around here - is Blanche de Bruxelles. It's one of my go-to summertime beers. Light and crisp, with excellent flavor, and a nice hint of refreshing citrus. Plus, it's also available in pint cans, which makes it easy to take along to the beach/pool/river.

That's a favorite of mine too!

Kronenbourg makes a Wit that is very similar and surprisingly good considering it's French and they really aren't known for beer:

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Flavored Bourbon=Oxymoron
Bourbon and Rye is perfectly flavored when distilled.
The only possible exception, and it's not flavoring per se, is Jameson Irish Whiskey Caskmates Stout Edition. Irish Whiskey aged in barrels that aged stout. Adds a bit of smoothness to the whiskey.

The reverse is also true. Founders KBS is excellent if and when you can find it. Stout aged in barrels that aged Kentucky bourbon.

I am a fan of hoppy IPA and some have a citrus edge from the hops. That is good by me as well.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I managed to get a glass of Red Hare's Blueberry Waffle limited run. High gravity, a snifter was sufficient. Like drinking a cupcake, made for excellent dessert.

Real Belgian wits are the go to.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Anyone tries to take away my Heavy Seas TropiCannon IPA will have a fight on their hands. Razz

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Why do they have to stop making it? Why can't you just not buy any more citrus flavored beer?

He is a Democrat an everyone must suffer.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shocktop is AWESOME!! Also locally san tan brewery Mr pineapple is pretty good

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post